Edible Ink Printer

Decorating By bethie713 Updated 25 Oct 2009 , 10:08pm by icingimages

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:08am
post #31 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

I know first hand all edible ink is not the same. In fact...I was the insane gal a couple years back at convention that HUGGED the PHOTOFROST people!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I used KK for years and had issues time and time again. Ever since using PF inks...well, my life is a bit easier printing those edible images icon_smile.gif Before PF, I would stess everytime I needed one. Sometimes it would take me an hour to get it to work.

Nice to see you on CC Photofrost!!!! BUY Photofrost, you won't regret it!

A PF fan,

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much for your post Jennifer! I am ordering new cartridges tomm! Like you I have always used the other ink!

PhotoFrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PhotoFrost Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 2:01am
post #32 of 70
Quote:

I know first hand all edible ink is not the same. In fact...I was the insane gal a couple years back at convention that HUGGED the PHOTOFROST people!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I used KK for years and had issues time and time again. Ever since using PF inks...well, my life is a bit easier printing those edible images icon_smile.gif Before PF, I would stess everytime I needed one. Sometimes it would take me an hour to get it to work.

A PF fan,

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Thank you for the wonderful comments, we do try our very best to produce the highest quality products for our customers. I am glad that we have done so with you and many others.

PhotoFrost Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:27pm
post #33 of 70

Sorry it took so long to find it, but here is the video for the proper method in cleaning your print head on a Canon printer. Hope this helps everyone.

http://www.photofrost.com/photocake/help/videos/printhead.wmv

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:37pm
post #34 of 70

Andy -

Do you sell that flushing tool? That is pretty slick icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

PhotoFrost Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:43pm
post #35 of 70

We are currently taking pre-orders for it. It is in its final development stages. The cost of the unit is $49.95.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:52pm
post #36 of 70

How does it hook up to the water source?

Jen icon_smile.gif

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 2:02pm
post #37 of 70

Thanks Photo Frost for your help! For some reasaon I have not been getting the forum responses in my e-mail. Glad to see this thread was back on. Just finished a project Sunday. I did get the picture to print without the streaks, just had problems getting the color right. I had to print on High, would not work with Standard Setting. I will be removint the ink cartridges and print head from now on when I'm using the printer.
I so appreciate you! thumbs_up.gif
Hammy

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:22pm
post #38 of 70

Andy, any chance you will have Epson inks soon?

MichelleM77 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:30pm
post #39 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee-Y

I have a canon Ip3000 and so far the only problem I have is with the edible papers. Its so difficult to peel off and keeps tearing icon_mad.gif Many times I just use it with the backing sheet which kind of defeats the purpose of using edible sheets!!!!

I have had good luck baking my sheets, especially when it's humid. They pop right off.

EdibleSupply-Com Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdibleSupply-Com Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:34pm
post #40 of 70

We do carry Edible Ink for Epson printer. You can check with our web site - www.ediblesupply.com

EdibleSupply-Com Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:40pm
post #41 of 70

For clean your Canon Print Head - you can flushing your Canon Print Head under HOT WATER for 5-10 Mins. Make sure FLUSH BOTH SIDE(INSIDE and PRINT HEAD) then SHAKE IT WELL(water will fall out) - Make sure NO WATER on all 3 sides then use tissue to clean the copperpins side(Make sure no water) then put it back to your printer.

DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PRINT HEAD ON THE BOTTOM - SHAKE OUT THE WATER ONLY.

PhotoFrost Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:29pm
post #42 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

Andy, any chance you will have Epson inks soon?

Unfortunately we do not provide cartridges for Epsons and at this time are not planning on offering them. We believe that Canon model printers are best suited for the Edible printing industry. We do offer a bounty on all Epson printers. We will gladly take anyones Epson machine and offer $100.00 of any new Canon printing system. (Sorry for the advertisement, but was trying to answer a question honestly)

Quote:

How does it hook up to the water source?

Jen

You will be able to use any standard utility sink with an adapter. The unit itself is made so that it can connect to a standard hose bib.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:13pm
post #43 of 70

Recently, Icing Images has offered on their website a new ultrasonic cleaner that comes with special cleaning fluid. It is quite reasonably priced and so easy to use. Also, if you are having problems with backing sheets, you may want to try Icing Images new PREMIUM brand of icing sheet. You will find they peal off extremely well and offer more printable area. Hope this helps!

MichelleM77 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 7:59pm
post #44 of 70

Thanks Andy, totally understand. I have a new Epson and can't replace right now, but will keep it in mind if I ever need to. I can always order your ink refills and refill my cartridges though, right?

PhotoFrost Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 11:13am
post #45 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

Thanks Andy, totally understand. I have a new Epson and can't replace right now, but will keep it in mind if I ever need to. I can always order your ink refills and refill my cartridges though, right?

Tough question to answer Michelle. You can try the refill inks in your Epson cartridges, but I can not gaurantee they will work. I have heard of 50-50 results on doing it that way. I know the Canon cartridges work fine on refilling, something about the Epsons are different though when using my refill kit.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:35pm
post #46 of 70

I refill my epson cartridges all the time and have never had a problem. I purchased refillable, spongless cartridges with automatic chip resetter on ebay and they work great.

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:25pm
post #47 of 70

Are the ink cartridges from KopyKake spongeless?
How many times can one refill the cartridges?

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm
post #48 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomomma

Are the ink cartridges from KopyKake spongeless?
How many times can one refill the cartridges?

KopyKakes are not Spongless to my knowledge. The only companies that offer the spongeless is ediblesupply and Icing Images will be carrying them as of today, listed on the website as of tomorrow.

Linliv46 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:40pm
post #49 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linliv46

Quote:

A PF fan,

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much for your post Jennifer! I am ordering new cartridges tomm! Like you I have always used the other ink!

Thanks so much for your info about the edible ink being different! I ordered your cartriges and they have better color than my printer has ever had! How often should I have to take the printhead out and clean it? I do the nozzle check every time before I print an image. Also can I clean it with diluted alcohol or should I just use the warm water spray?
Thanks Jenifer for your opinion also!

EdibleSupply-Com Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 6:51pm
post #50 of 70

Base on Spongeless cartridge standard - does not using sponge in any part of ink cartridge. It including ink exit port, air vent port or any part of cartridge. Because edible ink still will contact with sponge in the tank.

EdibleSupply-Com Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 7:42pm
post #51 of 70

If you have spongeless cartrige then you can refill many time as you like. But remember you must replace your spongeless cartridge after one year.

Linliv46 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 7:47pm
post #52 of 70

What exactly are the "pro's and Con's" of spongeless cartridges? Also, any opinion about cleaning the printhead on a Canon printer?

EdibleSupply-Com Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 7:56pm
post #53 of 70

Sorry, I don't get it by - What exactly are the "pro's and Con's" of spongeless cartridges?

There is 3 ways to clean your print head but must easy's way will be flush with hot water(Higher then Warm Water). It will takes less time to cleaning it.

EdibleSupply-Com Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 7:58pm
post #54 of 70

As long as you have good ink and print them very often. The key is GOOD INK that will help you to get nice picture and less clogging issue. You don't need to clean the print head very often.

Linliv46 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 8:00pm
post #55 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdibleSupply-Com

Sorry, I don't get it by - What exactly are the "pro's and Con's" of spongeless cartridges?

There is 3 ways to clean your print head but must easy's way will be flush with hot water(Higher then Warm Water). It will takes less time to cleaning it.

Well, what I meant was is there good & bad about the sponge & spongeless cartridges? All, I have used have the sponge.

EdibleSupply-Com Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 8:02pm
post #56 of 70

You can see the different form our web site - www.ediblesupply.com

tiggy2 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 8:14pm
post #57 of 70

The spongless cartridges I have don't require a chip resetter which is a plus in my book.

tiggy2 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 8:15pm
post #58 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdibleSupply-Com

If you have spongeless cartrige then you can refill many time as you like. But remember you must replace your spongeless cartridge after one year.

Why do they have to be replaced after one year?

EdibleSupply-Com Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 8:37pm
post #59 of 70

Because your spongeless cartridge come with Auto Reset Chip. So you don't need to reset it again.

Because even it is spongeless design, you still can't clean the inside cartridge. So you must replace it after one year prevent growing bacteria.

Food container can't last for ever with out washing or cleaning it.

Linliv46 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 10:47pm
post #60 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

The spongless cartridges I have don't require a chip resetter which is a plus in my book.

Tiggy2 do you have the Canon or Epson? I am curious because I have a Canon & have never tried the spongless!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%