Bake Time For Multiple Cakes??

Decorating By forheavenscake Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 12:08pm by d3sc3n7

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:09am
post #1 of 5

So question. . .if I put a 6", 8" & 10" in the oven at the same time. . .the two small ones on the top rack and the 10" on the bottom rack. . .will they bake ok?? Would I just increase the time for the one on the bottom rack? and just take them out individually as they pass the toothpick test?

I am trying to figure out the best way to bake them all seeing as I will have to do this step 4 times (4 layers) but I don't want to ruin the cakes by trying to save time. . I'd rather the cakes still come out well. ..

Help?! Thanks so mucH!

4 replies
forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 11:42am
post #2 of 5

Bump. . .Noone knows??

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 11:59am
post #3 of 5

I bake mine this way also. You just have to keep a close eye on them to see when each one is done.

Remember though, if you have multiple cakes in the oven...as you check your smaller ones and take them out of the oven...your going to extend the bake time of the larger one since you have had to open the oven door a few times.

watertown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
watertown Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 5

I've had that same question for a while also. Obviously it works, but it does take so much longer for the largest cake. I'm always concerned though, will the larger cakes(s) not cook or rise properly because I am opening the door too many times while they cook.

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:08pm
post #5 of 5

I've never had it really effect the larger cake. When I do open the door though, I pop it open and snatch out the cake I want, then close the door. Keep it closed as much as possible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%