Newbie Here- Need A Great Strawberry Filling Recipe

Baking By chr15t1ne Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 8:24pm by kristiezen920

chr15t1ne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chr15t1ne Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 9

I am making a three-tier cake for my son's 1st birthday. Does anyone have a good strawberry filling recipe that would like to share with me? Thank you!!

8 replies
Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 9

Can the cake be refrigerated until close to serving time? If so, I found the best recipe on here-it's very simple. 1 tub of strawberry cream cheese, 1 tub of marshmallow fluff, and a dash of strawberry extract. I'm not a big fan of marshmallow, but this is to die for! I use it for cake/cupcake filling quite often and I have also used it as a fruit dip.

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 9

http://www.fondantsource.com/stfi2lbsbyhe.html

This is really good, and much easier especially if your throwing a party.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 9

Jen..that sounds good. Is it in the filling section? I want to print it up.

Jenthecakelady Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 9

Yes, it's called strawberry fluff filling. Here's the link:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7290/strawberry-fluff-filling

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:56pm
post #6 of 9

I have an easy one...take one small jar of SEEDLESS Strawberry JAM and nuke it for about one minute. Pour into a bowl with a box of the strawberry powdered jello. Stir and put back in the frig. It will set back up...but be spreadable and not gritty. I do this with Red Raspberry also. Quick and the extra lasts a long time in the frig.

chr15t1ne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chr15t1ne Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 5:28pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you to everyone! Does anyone have a recipe that uses fresh strawberries? I have done the "fluff" one- only I use it as fruit dip at parties (marshmellow fluff and cream cheese).

Jenthecakelady Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 6:00pm
post #8 of 9

Have you searched the recipe section here? There are a few that use fresh berries, but I haven't ever used any of them.

kristiezen920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiezen920 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 8:24pm
post #9 of 9

I use a fresh strawberry filling all the time and frost the cake with white chocolate cream cheese buttercream. The combo is amazing. Slice washed strawberries into a bowl, add a cup of sugar and 2tbls of lemon juice. Cover and let sit at room temp for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Drain juice into pan, add 2tbls corn starch dissolved into 1/2 cup water. Simmer stirring contantly for 2 minutes. Pour mixture back over sliced strawberries and refrigerate until completely chilled.
When filling cake, pipe a dam of frosting around the edge to keep filling from leaking out. Frost as usual!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%