Can You Put An Edible Image On Black Fondant

Decorating By Sierratreasures Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 2:30am by Sierratreasures

Sierratreasures Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 3

Hi my question is can i put an edible image on black fondant/or buttercreme. I am making a tattoo gun and they want the logo on it also. The gun will be covered in black fondant and the the two full sheets will be air brushed. All three cakes will have the logo on them which i am making into edible images. I need to know if it would be best to just mark that area white or can it lay on the black and you still see it. The logo is black and white. So i don't know if that would be a problem or not. SOme one please help icon_cry.gif

2 replies
DianeLM Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 3

No, you really can't put an image on black. Any white or light color will disappear and the whole thing will look dirty.

My advice is to roll out white fondant as paper thin as you can and attach your image to that. Then, stick it onto the cake.

You can try to mark off a white area, but I know I wouldn't trust myself to position the image EXACTLY right. YMMV icon_smile.gif

Sierratreasures Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 2:30am
post #3 of 3

thank you dianelm I figured that is what i would have to do. I just wanted another expert opinion. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%