Any Ideas For How To Make Edible Trees ,(Not Pine) Quickly?

Decorating By misslibertysmom Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 5:15pm by Rylan

misslibertysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misslibertysmom Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 5

Just wondering if anyone had a quick method to do free standing leaf trees for me to add into some landscaping for a building cake I am doing.
Any advice would be great!

4 replies
CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 5

Make green rice crispy treats. I've seen it used for wreaths, garland and trees.

I made a large tree this way but you can do smaller ones as well.
I also had to really compact the treats so they did'nt fall ff because the tree was so big but for smaller ones you can leave the treats a little more loose.

Make the trunk out of a wooden skewer and gumpaste and add some rice crispies on top. They look just like leaves.
Just add green coloring to the melted marshmallows .
HTH.
LL

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 5

I recently did a landscape cake (in my photos). I know you don't want pine trees. I used fondant with tylose mixed in to help stabilize the fondant. Maybe you could try that.

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 5

Use wooden dowel and floral wire to help make a support and then cover with fondant.
or if you don't need a 3D tree, you can do 2D by doing cut outs from gum paste or chocolate and making a base for them to be attached to and stand up.
HTH

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 5

I've done pine trees in my last cake and you can use the same technique to make your type of tree. I just melted fondant and mixed in the RKT. You can also use white chocolate and RKT.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%