Pb Cake Needed

Decorating By CandyLady Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 4:06am by colombean

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 16

if anyone of you have an awesome Chocolate Peanut Butter cake recipe to share, I have to do a 50th office birthday party for my boss and this is her favorite...thanks in advance...pat

15 replies
whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 16

I was thinking about this the other day. I have made Peanut Butter and Jelly cupcakes and everyone loved them. But I was thinking that the Darn Good Chocolate Cake would be REALLY good if you replaced the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips and then used PB Buttercream.

nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 16

I used to make these all the time for my MIL. I didn't really have a recipe though, so I don't remember how I made it. I baked a basic white 2 layer cake recipe. I sliced the layers to make 4. The first layer was spread with a PB cream (made with PB, 10X sugar and milk) and chocolate ganache. This was repeated until the top was placed. It was also spread with PB cream and then the whole cake was "coated" in the chocolate ganache.

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 16

Reese's has a good pb cupcake recipe. I'll see if I can find it and I'll let you know. I have tried it and it's good! It has a pb frosting also. It would be good with choc frosting or ganache.

CandyLady Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 16

gosh guys you are all terrific...when it is the office cake and you are known for making good ones, don't want to disappoint. I do candy and have the reese's filling recipe but would need to make it a bit creamier.

Tiffany29 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:05pm
post #6 of 16

Oh, I wasn't sure if you meant a filling recipe or cake recipe. I was talking about a cake recipe. If you want it I'll send it to you!

CandyLady Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:08pm
post #7 of 16

both

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:24pm
post #8 of 16

Ok, here's my pb buttercream recipe. I'll check for my pb cake recipe:
Peanut Butter Buttercream Icing
If you like peanut butter cups, youll love chocolate cupcakes spread with Peanut Butter Buttercream Icing!
Source: Cupcake Fun
Tools:
Electric mixer

Ingredients:
1/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 cups (approx. 1 lb.) confectioners' sugar, sifted
Makes: About 3 cups.

Instructions
Cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add peanut butter, milk and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Keep icing covered with a damp cloth until ready to use. For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Re-whip before using.

CandyLady Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:27pm
post #9 of 16

yummo and thanks!

cownsj Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:31pm
post #10 of 16

I did make peanut butter cupcakes, and filled them, then frosted them with chocolate frosting. They were a huge hit, everyone saying it was like eating a reese's. I've also done chocolate cake with peanut butter filling and frosting.
Anyway, here is my peanut butter cake recipe:
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
5 eggs
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease and flour cake pans, set aside
3. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt
4. In extra-large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high spped for 30 seconds.
5. Add sugar; beat until well mixed.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each
7. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla.
8. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low speed after each addition, until well combined
9. Spread batter into prepared pans
10. Bake 25-30 miutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
11. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes
12. Remove from pans, cool completely on wire racks
13. Frost with preferred frsoting.

nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:32pm
post #11 of 16

I think this is the recipe that we used for the frosting.

1/2 cup butter (not margarine)
1 1/2 cups JIF creamy peanut butter
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
milk, to obtain desired consistency

In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla flavoring and mix thoroughly. Slowly beat in the confectioner's sugar, adding a little milk along the way until the frosting reaches a good spreading consistency.

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:40pm
post #12 of 16

I generally make a choc. cake and fill with the pb mousse recipe thats here on CC. It is the best!!!

cownsj Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:53pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianocat

I generally make a choc. cake and fill with the pb mousse recipe thats here on CC. It is the best!!!

Oh boy does that sound delicious! Rich but with just the right amount of lightness to it.

Tiffany29 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:58pm
post #14 of 16

Sorry, I got side tracked putting up the rest of my halloween decorations!! here is the recipe.

1 3/4c. flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking pd
1/2 c. softened butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. milk
Preheat oven to 325. prepare pans. In large bowl combine dry ingredients and set aside. In another bowl cream together PB and butter. Add suugar. beat well. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each. Add flour mix alternating with milk begining and ending with flour. Stir in vanilla. divide batter evenly between pans and bake 25-27 min.

CandyLady Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 5:00pm
post #15 of 16

and I so appreciate it - pat in North Olmsted OH

colombean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colombean Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:06am
post #16 of 16

smittenkitchen.com
it's a sour cream chocolate cake with a peanut butter frosting and chocolate ganache. MmM. i made it but with the peanut butter frosting I made chocolate mousse also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%