What Happened

Decorating By luvbugcreations Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 1:26pm by luvbugcreations

luvbugcreations Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 4

Good Morning Everyone

Well here is my problem. I made sugar cookies last night the kind that I always make never had a problem before. Well anyways the cookies did not rise came out so crispy kinda tasted like toffee I guess. The other day I made some homemade corn muffins with a recipe I have never used before and they came out disgusting. I have come to the conclusion that maybe it is my baking powder went and bought more last night getting ready to make the cookies again I need 200. I am scared lol. Is this what happens when your baking powder is no good. I never had this happen and don't want to make another batch what happens if they don't come out right where do I start to find the problem. These cookies need to be done for Friday night. They are being picked up with a bunch of other things by 7 am Saturday so I don't really havetime for this.

Any help would be great.

3 replies
-K8memphis Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:44pm
post #2 of 4

Make one half batch & check it out.

I toss my baking powder every 6 months from the time I open it.

matthewkyrankelly Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 4

Joy of Cooking suggests testing 1 tsp in 1/2 cup hot water. It should bubble immediately. You can compare the new can to the old w/out baking a batch.

luvbugcreations Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the help it was my baking powder who would of figured just bought about 2 months ago. Who knows how long it was on the shelf for. It was definetly the baking powder. I am going to try the corn muffins another time.

thanks everyone

Quote by @%username% on %date%