I Really Need A Pity Party

Lounge By madgeowens Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 6:46am by cheesecakekathy

madgeowens Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:40am
post #1 of 46

I have the flu and fever, and it won't go away......my head is killing me.,,,,I need a pity party to feel better. icon_cry.gif

45 replies
madgeowens Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:57am
post #2 of 46

three views and no pity icon_sad.gif

SugarFrosted Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 5:06am
post #3 of 46

poor baby!

have you been drinking plenty of fluids?

taking tylenol for your fever?

nobody waiting on you like you wait on them when they are sick?

shame on those heartless thoughtless uncaring people!

(was that pitiful enough? if not I can do more icon_biggrin.gif )

madgeowens Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 5:34am
post #4 of 46

hahahaha ouch that hurt

Ohara Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:11am
post #5 of 46

Being sick sucks!!! I'm sorry that you feel so bad. ((((((gentle hugs))))))
Hoping you feel better soon!

FullMoonRanch Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:19pm
post #6 of 46

Feel better soon Madge!

tatorchip Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:26pm
post #7 of 46

Hope you feel better soon and don't forget to eat even if it is a cracker and drink lots of water and rest rest rest

sadsmile Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:50pm
post #8 of 46

Zicam and oscillococcinum are wonderful at warding away viruses and speeding up recovery! If you have other flu symptoms that have you thinking N1H1-swine flu you should go get tested because it only reacts to a certain antiviral drug.

indydebi Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:52pm
post #9 of 46

Chicken soup. I'm one of those moms who believe that if chicken soup can't cure it, well then you're just gonna die! icon_lol.gif

My kids have a code between them: "Don't tell mom I'm sick or she'll be shovin' that damn soup down my throat!"

(But they DO feel better once I make them eat it!) icon_biggrin.gif

mightydragon663 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 3:06pm
post #10 of 46

I'm so sorry you are sick icon_sad.gif I hope you are feeling better soon. Curl up on the couch with your favorite blankets and pillows and get lots of fluids and lots of rest. I am a firm believer in chicken soup, but I have found it works much better if someone else makes it. icon_smile.gif
Get to feeling better soon.

frostingfairy Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 3:06pm
post #11 of 46
Quote:
Quote:

Chicken soup. I'm one of those moms who believe that if chicken soup can't cure it, well then you're just gonna die!

Amen to that!! Chicken soup cures everything!!

Deb_ Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:53pm
post #12 of 46

Feel better Madge.....like the other gals said, drink plenty of fluids. This darn flu thing is hitting early this year.

Did you get checked for the H1N1 Swine Flu? If you're not better in a day or 2 maybe you should call your doc.

Take care!

madgeowens Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:32am
post #13 of 46

I am too sick to make myself chicken soup....when my son was at Pariss Island in the Marines he got a cold during boot camp, and I drew a picture of a bowl of chicken soup for him haha........so I am a big believer in chicken soup too. I never get the flu...last time, was in late 70s in nursing school....so you see I am a bad patient....yeah the fever wont go away, so I may have to get checked if its still here tomorrow............thanks for my pity party....I "cough cough" enjoyed it. Your all the greatest.

jammjenks Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 2:43am
post #14 of 46

I'm so sorry you're sick, Madge. Here...have a little soup I made especially for you.
LL

madgeowens Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:48am
post #15 of 46

OMG thats so funny, I started coughing and choking so loud I must have woke the neighborhood hahah........too funny. Thank you.I know I shall be better by morning.

itsmylife Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:56am
post #16 of 46

On the plus side.... if you do have H1N1.... you don't need to get the vaccine! Yippee!!

Hope you get better soon.

madgeowens Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:59am
post #17 of 46

I went and checked the symptoms on this oinker flu and oh crap I have dang near all of them .......bangzoom

just_for_fun Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:54am
post #18 of 46

oink, oink..

feel better! its hard being sick w/ noone to take care of you icon_sad.gif

madgeowens Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:54am
post #19 of 46

of course I won't need vaccine, I will be dead haha.....no just kidding, I think they are making more of this than needed. Let us hope the government is running true to form ~snafu

jammjenks Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 6:34pm
post #20 of 46

Are you feeling any better? Did you go to the doc?

tatorchip Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 6:43pm
post #21 of 46

It will take a few days to feel better but when you do feel better, don't over do it you still need rest, open a can of soup and nibble on that and take it easy for a few days even (after the fever goes away). you don't want a relasp, I will pray for you and Texas_Roses daughter she is sick also poor baby

indydebi Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 7:34pm
post #22 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

It will take a few days to feel better but when you do feel better, don't over do it you still need rest, open a can of soup and nibble on that and take it easy for a few days even (after the fever goes away). you don't want a relasp, I will pray for you and Texas_Roses daughter she is sick also poor baby

Absolutely! The rule in my chicken-soup-is-king house is "when you THINK you feel better, take one more day."

It's easy to fool yourself into thinking you're fine when you're laying around or just sitting in the recliner watching TV (sipping that soup!). But when you get into your normal busy and stressed routine, you find that you're not as "better" as you thought you were.

madgeowens Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:27am
post #23 of 46

I went to the doctors and they did a nasal swab for swine flu....we hicks still call it that haha.....I feel a bit better but so dang tired........thanks all of you....I am trying....

Deb_ Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:34am
post #24 of 46

I'm glad you went to the doctor....when will you have the results of the swab test?

I came home from work this afternoon feeling nauseous and dizzy with the chills.....I'm hoping it's not flu.

What are your symptoms Madge?

JodieF Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:35am
post #25 of 46

We have our first case of flu at school....they won't test around here for the type of flu. But, we have 450 kids. How fast do you think it's going to fly through???
I'm getting my regular flu shot Monday. I'm hoping we'll be considered a high risk group (working in school) so we can get the H1N1 vaccine. I know I'm gonna get the flu one way or the other.... icon_cry.gif
I go to work and it's like diving into an ocean of bacteria!

Jodie

madgeowens Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 4:50am
post #26 of 46

I started out being dizzy...then diarrhea, then fever and chills. cannot eat.....nauseated....severe head ache....a cough that came from no where and only shows up sporadically, its weird...the doc said preliminary results tomorrow and final in two days...........its secondary bacterial infections that kill people. I had to laugh because she said my lungs sounded good and she never listened...........I figure I would tick her off if I informed her she never took the stethoscope from around her neck like a decoration haha.....I figure if I get worse I will go back and make them listen for real. Fever seems to be backing off now......man I hope this is over soon. Hope you all stay healthy. dizzy and headache and fever was the real bad symptoms for me

Rylan Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:20am
post #27 of 46

I hope you feel better soon Madge.

Drink lots of fluids and rest.

madgeowens Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:11am
post #28 of 46

Thanks Rylan...I am resting quite a bit because I am wiped out...but I must confess I am not forcing fluids as I need to do........thanks so much

prterrell Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:20am
post #29 of 46

HUGS!

madgeowens Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 12:52am
post #30 of 46

Thanks so much......I have such great cake buddies in here, I love all of you...still no news if its h1n1 swine or not...I have not noticed a curly little tail forming yet hehe...I have noticed a railing or rattling in my chest though, its beginning to annoy me....and this tickle that causes a cough grrrr....not much for food yet either....but I can afford to lose some weight......stay healthy all

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%