Gumpaste

Decorating By swtness Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 12:38am by Jeff_Arnett

swtness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swtness Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:17am
post #1 of 3

Hello CCer's! I was hoping someone could give me some adviceicon_smile.gif I would love to start trying to work with gumpaste (flowers to start). Is there a flower that would be a good "first learning flower", and what tools would you recommend for starting out? I know that for alot of the flowers you need specific tools, but are there any "all around" tools? Thanks in advance for any suggestions icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
annacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annacakes Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:28am
post #2 of 3

Hello Swtness.

Easy GP flower to start with The Daisy, Sweet Pea, Calla Lily

Your basic GP tools:

Small rolling pin
non-stick board or Wilton Practice Board to roll on
dusting puff - fabric pouch filled with 2 Tbsp. icing sugar, 2 Tbsp. corn starch
Cutters
Ball tool
Thin foam for working on pieces
Clear Vanilla for your glue or gum glue (tiny pieces gp dissolved in small amount of water.

HTH

Anna

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:38am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtness

Hello CCer's! I was hoping someone could give me some adviceicon_smile.gif I would love to start trying to work with gumpaste (flowers to start). Is there a flower that would be a good "first learning flower", and what tools would you recommend for starting out? I know that for alot of the flowers you need specific tools, but are there any "all around" tools? Thanks in advance for any suggestions icon_biggrin.gif

email me privately at [email protected]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%