James Bond Wedding Cake

Decorating By CakeMan26 Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 11:28am by vickymacd

CakeMan26 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 9

I just received this picture from a Bride asking if I could do this for her wedding next year. I have actually seen this cake on the net, but never thought I would be asked to replicate it. I am at a loss as I am not sure how the accomplished this cake. Its hard to tell if the little men and bride and groom have been hand made of gum paste or fondant and if the plane is cake, and how exactly they got the top tier to tilt with out it falling. I could use any info you may have to help me with this cake. Thank You.

D
LL

8 replies
Tee-Y Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 9

Whoa! You've got your work cut out for you but its doable if you know how to mold gumpaste figures.

Doug Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:10am
post #3 of 9

the original couple who had it made for them:

http://davidmalki.com/wedpics.html

by

mikes amazing cakes.

as I recall -- top tier is a dummy and there is an internal metal support in the two columns that old it in place.

plane is fondant or modeling chocolate (he's big on using that)

cylstrial Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:10am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

as I recall -- top tier is a dummy and there is an internal metal support in the two columns that old it in place.

I never would have thought of that - but that makes sense.

I think it's kind of strange for a wedding couple to want a James
Bond cake for their wedding. icon_confused.gif

Doug Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:11am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

explore their whole site --

their movie industry professionals who are in to the special effects and makeup side of things.

cylstrial Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:18am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

explore their whole site --

their movie industry professionals who are in to the special effects and makeup side of things.

Sorry Doug - I should have been more specific. I meant I thought it was weird that the OP's bride and groom want a James Bond Wedding cake.

I totally understand why the movie people would want that.

And who knows, maybe the OP's bride and groom are in a similar field or something.

Doug Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:21am
post #7 of 9

some people thrive on being: (pick one)

cute

unique

odd

edgy

out there

weird

different

provoking a "uh....uhmm....OKAY (said with raised eye brows)" reaction

being like Doug

All of the above!

Tee-Y Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 10:21am
post #8 of 9

[quote

I should have been more specific. I meant I thought it was weird that the OP's bride and groom want a James Bond Wedding cake.

[/quote]

I don't see anything weird in wanting a James Bond theme, one or both of them could be diehard James bond fans just like we do cartoon character cakes for children, piano wedding cakes for music lovers etc, its actually more fun working with a theme in mind.

vickymacd Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 11:28am
post #9 of 9

I thought it was kind of weird till I looked at it up close...WOW, what a cake! That is awesome. And a lot harder than I thought. But if the top tier is fake, then the weight shouldn't be too much of a problem. Cake is awesome. Good luck with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%