Congratulations To The Team With Our Own Jennifer Dontz

Decorating By superstar Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 9:05pm by JenniferMI

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 44

I hope I am not duplicating any posts, but I couldn't find anything & I want to congratulate the team Jen was a part of on last nights Ultimate Cake Off, they won of course! they had Jen on the team icon_biggrin.gif It was so good to hear how the judges kept talking about the shoes & purse, Jen made them icon_lol.gif I just wish more credit would be given to the other members of the teams none of the 'leaders' could have made it without their teams, the cake was outstanding, wonderful design & clean work! everyone did a fabulous job but credit should not be given to just one person, it was not the leader's cake, it was The Team's cake & although the 'Leader' is very important, so are the others!

43 replies
KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 44

Yahoo!!! I watched that episode too and thought their win was very well deserved. I do not like that Leigh lady judge who is always so negative...ugh!!

The details and sharp clean lines on the cake that won were awesome! Congratulations Jen!!

KimAZ

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:48am
post #3 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

Yahoo!!! I watched that episode too and thought their win was very well deserved. I do not like that Leigh lady judge who is always so negative...ugh!!

The details and sharp clean lines on the cake that won were awesome! Congratulations Jen!!

KimAZ

I love the intro where it says "experts in the field"....I will give credit to Margaret Braun......

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:16am
post #4 of 44

Even though we don't know all the team members names I'm sure all would agree that it is always a team win.Noone could do what they do without the whole team. As for The judge leigh she is very detailed oriented . Did you see her last season when her shop in Hollywood The Cake Divas was on Amazing Wedding Cakes she was very particular in the way her cakes left the shop - as most of us are I would dare to say. after sayind all that I think Marthas cake was fantastic especially for 9 hours.

superstar Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:20am
post #5 of 44

For some unknown reason I am not receiving Email telling me there are new posts on the forums I am following! There must be a glitch!!!

loulou2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loulou2 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:20am
post #6 of 44

I agree that the other membersn of the team should be recognized also. It would not take much to just do a quick intro-they deserve the mention. I would want it if I was on TV. Martha's cake was truly the best of them icon_biggrin.gif

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:34am
post #7 of 44

You are talking about Martha and Becky of Sweet Southern Ladies in St. Martinville, Louisiana http://www.sweetsouthernladies.com/ Wooo Hooo! The Louisiana Girls took the prize! icon_biggrin.gif Along with our good friend Jennifer Dontz http://www.jenniferdontz.com/ is another equally talented lady by the name of Denise Talbot http://www.cakessospecial.com/ who is another cake legend in this neck of the woods! I'm sooo proud to have some of the Louisiana Ladies recognized nationally. They are sooo Talented! icon_biggrin.gif And ya'll know... Sharon (SugarShack) is going to be on...I think Next Week! icon_smile.gif

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:44am
post #8 of 44

Jenn did a great job. She told she had a great time. I love the cake design her team came up with. How about the shoes she made, awesome.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:54am
post #9 of 44

Thanks soooo much everyone!!! OMG - It was like I was there all over again watching it on TV!!! I'm still on cloud nine icon_smile.gif

Just to give credit where credit is due, Denise Talbot made the purse, I made the shoes icon_smile.gif I really think out cake fit in with the decor/colors of the venu perfectly, which helped us in the end.

I can't tell you what an experience this was. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Something I will never forget. Win or lose, we all felt like winners just to be asked to be a part of it.

I, too, wish they would introduce the teams. Each of us works hard, travels far and gives up busines to be a part of the show. Maybe next season they will do that differently. That is the single most common comment I heard in my bazillion e-mails and phone calls today. Whew! What a whirlwind! But, I am in a small town where everyone knows everyone.... it is very nice icon_smile.gif

One very strange thing...we actually ahd to sit out TWICE... they had one other mini challenge that we didn't win and we had to sit out an additional 1/2 hr. for a total of one hour out! They never showed that part....

Thanks again sugar friends and for you, June, for posting icon_smile.gif

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 3:05am
post #10 of 44

I LOVED those shoes! I kept staring at how perfect they were, no kidding! I wished I could have watched you make them. Congrats!

I was wondering why they did not show the other mini challenge this time.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 3:09am
post #11 of 44

Your team did a great job Jen, you guys deserved the win!

superstar Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 3:35am
post #12 of 44

I was also wondering about the second 'sit out'! Jen were those shoes made in the mold I bought from you & which you have made some wonderful shoes? I just loved seeing you on TV & I am now looking forward to seeing Sharon. I really love your beautiful work. You always remain so calm & dignified too.

JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:49am
post #13 of 44

Yes June, those shoes were made from the chocolate mold you got from me.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:49pm
post #14 of 44

When I saw who all was on your team, I just knew you all would win!! (I even kept telling my DH - watch, those ladies right there are gonna RUN with the prize on this one!!) icon_biggrin.gif

I said it somewhere else on here, CONGRATULATIONS!!! A very well deserved win......and jeesh you all did it with 2 time outs!!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:02pm
post #15 of 44

I missed the show----URGHHHHHH---

Congrats ladies one and all. Will they rerun the show again? It was all over the news the next morning, but never got to see the cake that won.

nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:02pm
post #16 of 44

Congrats Jennifer!

JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:03pm
post #17 of 44

Sure did Loucinda!!!! THAT part was stressful, the rest was just plain FUN!!!

Beaming in Michigan -

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:08pm
post #18 of 44

You can go to the TLC site to see when it will air again and see pics of the cake. Ours was the red, black, wt and silver cake on the metal stand.

Also, if you want to make any comments about the show, you can go right down to the very bottom of the page and it will say customer service, then right next to that viewer relations. Then you will do to the next page and there is a red link word, press that, then you'll fill in your info and question.
http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/ultimate-cake-off/ultimate-cake-off.html

All and all, I think the show went well, but can't figure out why they would leave off the first mini challenge.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:10pm
post #19 of 44

So why did they both choose you guys to sit out? In the past usually it was more "fair" and different teams got chosen....

JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:15pm
post #20 of 44

Whoever won the mini challenge could choose whoever they wanted to sit out. Even if a team already had sit out. We lost both mini challenges and they must have thought we were further ahead or something.... it made it VERY interesting.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:17pm
post #21 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

Whoever won the mini challenge could choose whoever they wanted to sit out. Even if a team already had sit out. We lost both mini challenges and they must have thought we were further ahead or something.... it made it VERY interesting.

Jen icon_smile.gif

No wonder the team leader was so angry this time! I didn't realize what was televised was your SECOND sit-out....

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:37pm
post #22 of 44

My DH made a comment about that, he said something to the effect "that lady from LA who is the leader is NOT happy, don't they know not to mess with ladies from the south?" icon_lol.gif I'll fill him in this evening when he comes home that it was the 2nd time you all had to sit out.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:04pm
post #23 of 44

Congrats Jen. I missed the show, so I can't wait to catch the next time it airs. I've already tivo'd it. Great job on the win to you and the rest of the team.

JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:06pm
post #24 of 44

The first time....we were really not letting it bother us. Like saying, oh this is a minor bump in the road girls, we can get over this. BUT...the SECOND time...well, that was not so much fun. But, we still didn't want to look like poor sports, so we joked, laughed, tried to make the very best of each penalty phase. They actually came over to us and told us we were TO happy! LOL! It's TV, they wanted worried looks.... some anger... ect.

lol

Jen icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:19pm
post #25 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

The first time....we were really not letting it bother us. Like saying, oh this is a minor bump in the road girls, we can get over this. BUT...the SECOND time...well, that was not so much fun. But, we still didn't want to look like poor sports, so we joked, laughed, tried to make the very best of each penalty phase. They actually came over to us and told us we were TO happy! LOL! It's TV, they wanted worried looks.... some anger... ect.

lol

Jen icon_smile.gif

Ahhh true I forgot about that. haha. (The tv people kinda telling you how to act!)

superstar Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 9:52pm
post #26 of 44

The other 2 teams knew you were the biggest threat!!! They were just trying to stop you....LOL.....no chance of that happening.

JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:49pm
post #27 of 44

LOL June!

Jen icon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:53pm
post #28 of 44

I don't remember ever seeing cake that incorporated the stand and separators better than this cake did. It was incredibly awesome! All the decorating was clean, precise, and professional. And I don't agree with the judge who thought it looked too much like a wedding cake. Please. Most people only see tiered cakes at weddings. so any and all tiered cakes are going to remind them of wedding cakes. Congratulations to everyone on the team that produced such a show-stopping cake! I think it's been the best of any cake on "Ultimate Cake-off".

JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:57pm
post #29 of 44

WOWZA - what a nice compliment, thank you!!!!

Martha and Becky get all the credit on that gorgeous stand. They have a source for making them. They also came up with the design of the cake.

Jen icon_smile.gif

superstar Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:59pm
post #30 of 44

I also forgot to mention how beautiful your roses were! You really are amazing. My DH who loves watching cake shows & challenges etc was adamant from the start that Martha's Team were going to win & he is usually right, he really enjoyed watching both your DVD's Jen & I always ask his opinion on cakes, he is very honest! I don't always like what he says but he has such a good eye that I accept & appreciate his opinion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%