:-((( How Do I Get Dark Pink Stains Out Of Lt Pink Clothes?

Lounge By maggiev777 Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 5:59am by maryjsgirl

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 3

UGH! I just washed all of DD's clothes in preparation for her arrival. I carefully separated whites from pinks from reds from others, but there were some which were "crossovers" - like a pink dress with red trim, or a white turtleneck with dark purple trim. I made the best choices I could and then washed.

Virtually ALL of these clothes were from garage sales and consignment stores, so I think they were all washed before.

Well now I have two stained items that I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD about! One is a white shirt that is part of an outfit. It has fuschia and purple flowers on it, and now dark pink blotches in several areas icon_sad.gif The other is a light pink smocked dress that now has dark pink blotches on the back.

I know it is probably dumb to be so bummed about clothes - she will have a zillion of them, I'm sure - but honestly these were two of my favorite outfits for her icon_sad.gif

Anyone have ANY remedies? Unfortunately I didn't discover the damage until they had already been through the dryer also.

*sigh*

2 replies
mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 3

being a pro at garage sales and consignment sales, i sometimes have had the same problem...my solution for any and all stains (and there's a lot...she's 5 and we're gettin ready for a newborn!) is to liberally spray "spray and wash" on the stain, set aside and let it air dry on there. then soak in the washer in an "oxyclean" bath for a few hours, then cycle through a normal wash cycle and dry...works everytime!!!

alot of times, the clothes have already been through the dryer and they stains still come out. i recently got all of my daughters baby clothes out of storage to go through them for our soon to be newborn...oh my gosh, formula stains had taken hold after 5 yrs, although they weren't there when i originally washed/dried/and stored them away. i soaked them in our garden tub with the water/oxy combo for a full 24 hours, then put them load by load into the washer and dryer...they're all sparkling now, not a single 5 yr old stain in site!!!!!!!! saved us a ton of money!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 5:59am
post #3 of 3

Dawn got out dried red paint in my carpet so it may work with your stains.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%