Gas-Vs-Electric Ovens

Business By Lita829 Updated 29 Sep 2009 , 11:35pm by Lita829

Lita829 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 5

It looks as though my oven is beginning to kick the bucket so I think I am going to have to purchase a new one very soon icon_cry.gif . Up to this point I've always baked in a gas oven but I really want to get a freestanding double oven (the Holidays are coming icon_biggrin.gif ) and most of them come as electric. The one I am looking has convection in the lower oven. Is there any advice you seasoned bakers can give about baking in electric and convection ovens-vs-gas ovens?

TIA icon_smile.gif

4 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 5

Ooooooh, that's a toughie. I'd sacrifice blood to have a double wall oven, but you're right, I see none that are gas. And I love cooking/baking with gas.

MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 5

I absolutely LOVE electric ovens! 10+ years ago I baked with a gas oven, then moved and used electric ever since. I love the cakes that come out of my electric oven versus gas. I think it's a personal preference though. Or maybe my gas oven and I just "didn't get along". (Ha-ha!)

Good luck with your new purchase, whatever you decide!

iownajane Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 5

I'm not that experienced,and have never had a gas oven,but I just wanted to say....stay FAR FAR away from the Maytag Gemini....I am at my wits' end with mine(It cost me $2400.00 here) and the warranty has expired...it would be a real long post to go through everything...DON'T even look at one...PLEASE!

Lita829 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks ladies for your input icon_smile.gif . I agree with you Jaime...I love gas ovens. The one I am looking at is a Kenmore Elite 30" Freestanding Range. I'll heed your advice, Iownajane,and stay away from the Maytag. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with your oven icon_sad.gif Hopefully, I can grow to love electric ovens as much as I do gas ones. I guess I can do some extra baking just to get aquainted with it icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%