Refurb Kitchenaid For $200, Good Deal?

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 11:23pm by JCE62108

JCE62108 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 17

Been looking for a mixer. My hubby is buying it for me as a gift but my limit is only $200!

I found this, but with shipping it puts me over by $15 (big deal.lol) But is this a good model? Anyone have this mixer? It comes with a 6 month warrenty. I just need to make sure it can handle mixing things like fondant, cookie dough, thick icings, etc.

What do you think?
http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_detail.asp?HDR=outlet&T1=KTA+RKG25H0XWH

Im getting all excited! Ive never had anything but a hand mixer!

16 replies
asanchez Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 17

I personally don't think its a good deal. I have seen new ones at almost the same price. Have you shopped around?

PinkLisa Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 17

I got a 6qt refurbished mixer from the Kitchenaid site. It looked and operated just like new. I love buying refurbished items from a vendor (I bought my camera from Sony this way also). Just check other websites to see what the going price is. My guess is it's almost half the price of a new one.

JCE62108 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 17

I have a bit. Where did you see new ones for that? Its 475 watts with a 5 qt bowl. All the cheaper ones are something like 300 watts with a 4.5 qt bowl. I see those for 200 or so.

Can you tell me where you've see them cheaper? Ill check it out. Ive been looking for awhile though. I just want something with a larger bowl and the most power I can get for the money. Oh, and the whip, hook and paddle attachments.

tatorchip Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCE62108

I have a bit. Where did you see new ones for that? Its 475 watts with a 5 qt bowl. All the cheaper ones are something like 300 watts with a 4.5 qt bowl. I see those for 200 or so.

Can you tell me where you've see them cheaper? Ill check it out. Ive been looking for awhile though. I just want something with a larger bowl and the most power I can get for the money. Oh, and the whip, hook and paddle attachments.

I think it is a great deal, you are right the cheaper new ones aren't as strong and with a six month warrenty, you really can't go wrong. Give it a real good work out in the first six months and if it breaks send it back.

JCE62108 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:29pm
post #6 of 17

Oh now Im really excited! Ok, now red, black or silver!!!!??? lol Oh to just throw my fondant in the mixer!!! yay!

G_Cakes Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:37pm
post #7 of 17

It is not a good deal the same kitchen aid is on sale here for 129.00 CAD and it's brand new!

If it is a refurbed one then what type of warranty do you get with it and what was the problem that went wrong with it?

I think if you look around you will find a much better deal...

JCE62108 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 9:16pm
post #8 of 17

Id like to know where you guys are seeing these prices! Im not seeing anything like that and Ive been looking for hours. Maybe Im not looking in the right place. icon_sad.gif

tatorchip Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 9:28pm
post #9 of 17

I have a black one like my fridge, stove and dishwasher but I have red accents, so I wish I had a red one lol but mine is 19 yrs old so I don't think they had red ones back then lol

mirda6275 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 9:35pm
post #10 of 17

i bought a new kitchen aid from their outlet center. before you order (if it's not too late) do a google search for kitchen aid promotional codes. I found one for free shipping when I bought mine!

JCE62108 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:22am
post #11 of 17

I think I may have found a code, but I havent been able to try it out. I cant place my order online for some reason. The kitchenaid site has an error message when I try to check out. Oh well. Ill try tomorrow. Im soooo excited! icon_biggrin.gif

KristyCakes Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:04pm
post #12 of 17

I just got my KA. If you have Kohl's nearby and have the charge card, they give you coupons off quite a bit. I had a 30% off coupon so used if for the 5qt Artisan mixer ($299) AND right now, KA has a $40 rebate! So, my mixer was about $169. You can also order from the store online and get any color you want. Great deal if you can get your hands on that 30% off!

Uniqueask Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:19pm
post #13 of 17

I got mine from Macy's for $199 about 2 years ago it was on sale, you may want to check their site, check the sites of other stores, not only the KA site, if you have not already bought yours.

http://www.everythingkitchens.com/kitchenaid.html

Edited to add I just found this site, check it out I don't know what all the prices I saw one for $209 with free shipping.

Also you can sigh up for ebates.com and you get email with special offers I can't remember exactly how this works, It was posted a long time ago you get $5 off your first order from KA and then you get coupons or something like that

CakeInfatuation Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:33pm
post #14 of 17

I think it is a good deal. The 4.5 quart are pretty easy to find under $200 but better deals than that although they can be found, can also be pretty hard to come by.

I found a 6 quart refurbished locally for $250... You know that's on my list! It's a fantastic price!

JCE62108 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:47pm
post #15 of 17

I was also wondering if buying directly from their site could be a benefit if I should have any problems. I checked out Macys, not really good enough deals for me. Like I said, 200 is my limit. lol.

I had a chance to get a 6 qt pro series mixer with 3 attachments for 200, but I didnt get the money fast enough and she sold it to someone else. I was sooo bummed.

I think Im going to just buy it off the kitchenaid site. I think I feel most confident doing that. Only thing is Im not thrilled about having it shipped.

ZAKIA6 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:56pm
post #16 of 17

if you watch out for sales you can get a new one for the same price or maybe $50 more.

i got my 5quart at loewe's last year for around that price.

JCE62108 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:23pm
post #17 of 17

I ordered it!!! Im so excited. I found a free shipping code if anyone is interested.
KACBD6

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%