A Tv Star Among Us!

Decorating By weirkd Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 12:53pm by rainbow_kisses

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 3:40am
post #31 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise

Edna, you would have been the bomb!!! It was so much fun! Martha and Becky did an amazing job designing the cake. I was so thrilled to be asked to assist them and even more thrilled that we took Jennifer too!!!

We had to sit out twice - the other teams won the 2 competitions but they only showed one!!!

Oh Denise!..I am still mad they barely showed your face!...That was not nice!!!!!!!.. I even wrote a coment about it!.. But you guys did an awesome job!!!!!!!! Im so proud!
Edna icon_smile.gif

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:39pm
post #32 of 48

LOL Edna, I was more than fine with that! (by the way, I showed YOUR pretty face to my hubby - he agreed with me...you are gorgeous!) The hard work of designing this gorgeous cake goes to Martha and Becky. Martha and Becky are masters of organization and I can't say enough how much that worked in our favor!

I was just thrilled to be there to help Martha and Becky. They are wonderful people and to know that they thought I was good enough to go and ask me for a recommendation on who else to take for gum paste was just a little head blower upper!!!

I said that Jen was the queen of gum paste - they looked at her site and said "call her!" LOL Jen and her hubby came down (he wanted to visit friends in southern Louisiana and to meet me!) and we met at Martha and Becky's house and then then came to Texas and stayed over night with me. We have had a blast with this competition and we are ready to go again!!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:01pm
post #33 of 48

Hi everyone!

I didn't know about this post....I have been DROWNING in phone calls and e-mails icon_smile.gif It's a good thing though icon_smile.gif Thanks Kim for starting this very cool post!!!!! You are so nice!

Yes, it was like reliving the WHOLE thing all over again when it was on TV! OoooMmmmmGgggg, excitment at it's finest!!!!

My dear, dear friend Denise made the purse and I made the shoes. I thought both turned out awesome!

Becky and Martha are just the best! Such a pleasure to work with and get to know. I knew who they were before, but just didn't know them personally. I'll tell you, they don't come any better than these two ladies...

Yes, we could not believe they didn't show the first mini challenge! We had to sit out TWICE..omg...twice!!!! We survived and came back to win! The producers told us that as of our shows taping, they never had a team sit out twice and come back to win. How cool is that??!!!

When had so much fun...Denise and the girls are so funny! That is one thing the show really didn't show was our personalities.... there were times that week out there, I thought I would pee my pants we laughed so hard!

Thanks again, for all your kind comments!!!!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:29pm
post #34 of 48

You guys are the "dream team" of cake!! icon_biggrin.gif I did not realize I had set and talked to Martha in the cake room for quite a while, I even took her picture, and didn't know who she was! (DUH)

Jennifer - I am trying to find someone to buddy with to take your November class. I hope I can make it!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:04pm
post #35 of 48

That would be awesome Loucinda!

I only have 2 or 3 spots left open in this class. Hope you will be able to join us!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 3:19pm
post #36 of 48

When is the next one then!...
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 6:27pm
post #37 of 48

That's it for this year. New classes are forming for 2010. I have to work out dates with my hostesses.

Jen icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 8:06pm
post #38 of 48

Here's a link with the pictures. (Didn't want to post, and spoil it if someone doesn't want to see.)
http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/ultimate-cake-off/ultimate-cake-off.html

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:49pm
post #39 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurrette

OK I am glad to know who won but I want to see the cakes! I got a new dvr this week and decided to go to bed because I could just tape it. Yea right today as I am watching it the darn thing died and now I dont have it! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Can't we watch full episodes on TLC.com? I thought we could!
Sincerely,
Denise

JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:50pm
post #40 of 48

I don't think so Denise...but...anyone know different?

Jen icon_smile.gif

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:29am
post #41 of 48

Jennifer can me you pee in your pants she is so funny. She says the most outrageous things innocently that is just hysterical.

We were in a cab going down the rode and she says "Look Denise!!! There is Broadway!!!!!" LOL I am rolling - I told Jen "this is California not New York!"icon_eek.gif We were laughing hysterically icon_lol.gif

JenniferMI Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:55am
post #42 of 48

I was JUST SO excited to be there!!!! LOL

I saw that street and even without thinking...just blurted it out! I thought Denise was gonna die laughing!!!

I'm a little girl from Hooterville...don't get out much! LOL

Jen icon_smile.gif

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:21am
post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise

Edna, you would have been the bomb!!! It was so much fun! Martha and Becky did an amazing job designing the cake. I was so thrilled to be asked to assist them and even more thrilled that we took Jennifer too!!!

We had to sit out twice - the other teams won the 2 competitions but they only showed one!!!

I was wondering what happened to the other mini competition!

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:25am
post #44 of 48

I loved yalls cake!! I thought wedding when I saw it, but I thought that it was the theme "marriage between cars and fashion" It was a WONDERFUL and very beautiful cake! I loved the set up!!!!

TwoSweetSisters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TwoSweetSisters Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:10am
post #45 of 48

Hi Everybody!

Martha and I were so blessed to have Denise and Jen on our team. It was just that a "TEAM" victory. We could not have done it without either one of them. They are both incredibly talented, funny and genuine ladies and we are so grateful that they agreed to join our team. We had a BLAST! It was very stressful leading up to the trip, planning, preparing, packing and shipping! We stressed out the poor little clerk at the UPS store when we drove up at 5:30pm. right before closing to ship our supplies. She said it was her biggest order ever! We were welcomed to Los Angeles on the 4th of July by an amazing display of fireworks as we drove from the airport to our hotel. We were all nervous leading up to the day of the competition, but on that day when they said your time starts now!, we went to work as though we were in our shops! Everybody that has been calling us (and the phone, emails and facebook things have not stopped!) and telling us that we never looked nervous. We did look a little upset when we had to sit for 30 minutes, but that was because it was the SECOND time we had to sit! Even after that, we maintained our composure and just went back to work. The producers and staff said we worked like machines! The whole experience was amazing and we are so grateful to our two team-mates, Denise and Jen for all of their help and support. We sure did laugh a bunch, especially when Denise brought out her computer that takes a picture of you and distorts it in the funniest ways. I think that was when Jen almost wet herself!! LOL Thanks for everything Denise and Jen! Hope we get to do it again soon!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:20am
post #46 of 48

Congratulations, ladies! This was such a well-deserved win. Could you please fill us in on the un-aired challenge? What was it exactly? Thank you, and again, congrats! icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 6:25am
post #47 of 48

I think it was the best team..You all girls rock! But then again, I had no doubts from the begining..lol I was cheering for you guys!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:53pm
post #48 of 48

Congratulations ladies the cake was amazing icon_eek.gif the attention to the little details was fantastic, you so deserved to win with that cake. i did not see the show but just looked at the pics in detail on the web.

WELL DONE thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%