A Tv Star Among Us!

Decorating By weirkd Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 12:53pm by rainbow_kisses

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 48

Did anyone catch The Ultimate Cake Challenge last night on TLC last night?
Well if you did, you would of seen one of our CC gals in the mix!
Jennifer Dontz, also known as CakeBabe was on the winning team, team Yellow!
Im sure it will repeat sometime this week so dont forget to tune in if you missed it! And congratulations Jen and the winning team! They certainly deserved it! Awesome cake!

47 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 48

wow, what a show. I watched it and the game back and forth. I was so wanting the yellow team to win and I hated when the judge kept saying "wedding cake" I was so excited that they won. I will watch it again when it plays again.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 48

Dang! I missed it!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 7:18pm
post #4 of 48

I didn't like when she kept saying wedding cake either! I saw a tiered cake, but not a "wedding" cake. And I LOVED her shoes

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 48

Rebecca (Becky - Martha's sister on the team) is on here too! (twosweetsisters I think is her screen name) VERY talented team they have!!

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 7:25pm
post #6 of 48

I love the Two Sweet Sisters! Took a class with them at the NCACS this past March. They are really sweet ladies.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 7:31pm
post #7 of 48

I wanted to take their class in KY in Oct. but DH nixed it - said I already did ICES this year. icon_cry.gif

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 7:32pm
post #8 of 48

Ok..so i haven't watched it yet..still on DVR, i guess i know who wins now. BUT>>>what does Jennifer look like? That way i can look for her when i watch.

Also i heard sugarshack, sharron will be on in october..anyone know when? and what does she look like?

It's nice to put a face to a name.icon_wink.gif

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 7:38pm
post #9 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

Ok..so i haven't watched it yet..still on DVR, i guess i know who wins now. BUT>>>what does Jennifer look like? That way i can look for her when i watch.

Also i heard sugarshack, sharron will be on in october..anyone know when? and what does she look like?

It's nice to put a face to a name.icon_wink.gif

Here is Sharon's blog, it has the air date and her photo on it. If you read old posts, you'll find a photo of Jennifer too icon_smile.gif

http://www.sugaredblog.blogspot.com/

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 7:40pm
post #10 of 48

Jennifer has short dark hair. She made the shoes and purse. Her screen name on CC is jennifermi

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 7:51pm
post #11 of 48

Don't forget Denise Talbot, she was there too!..I was kind of mad that they didnt give more credit to this 2 wonderful woman that are CC members.
Edna icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:04pm
post #12 of 48

I watched it - but had no idea that Jennifer was on there! I'll have to re-watch it.

And Edna - when are you going to be on tv?

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:08pm
post #13 of 48

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=644685&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=90

Wasn't it exciting! I am so proud of Jen and Denise both! They knocked everyone out with Denise's purse and Jens shoes!
The above link is the continuing thread on the Ultimate Cake Off.
On page 7, Jen started posting about last night show! icon_smile.gif

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:13pm
post #14 of 48

Will have to catch the rerun....had to watch the Cowboys last night.

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:21pm
post #15 of 48

It was an awesome competition! Greg is from my hometown. I can't wait to check out his shop.
The winning team's cake was really fabulous! Wedding cake? Where did THAT come from? It didn't even come close to reminding me of a wedding cake! It was elegant and stylish and beautiful! GOOD JOB GIRLS!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:23pm
post #16 of 48

It was an awesome competition! Greg is from my hometown. I can't wait to check out his shop.
The winning team's cake was really fabulous! Wedding cake? Where did THAT come from? It didn't even come close to reminding me of a wedding cake! It was elegant and stylish and beautiful! GOOD JOB GIRLS!

my_4_dumplins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my_4_dumplins Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:36pm
post #17 of 48

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Jen on CC yet, but I do know that I was rooting for the yellow team from the beginning. Their design was just amazing! The other teams were awesome too, but that one just had so much class to it, and I agree that those shoes were fabulous! I had TLC on the tube and CC on the laptop, so I was in cake decorating heaven!

I read on Sugarshacks website a few days ago that she will be part of a team on Oct. 5th..can't wait!!!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:44pm
post #18 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by idgalpal

it was so exciting seeing someone from boise on t.v.! i want to check out his place, too!

congratulations other CCers! it so cool "knowing" someone on tv (well, as well as forums will allow us to know each other icon_smile.gif )

and i have to ask, too: edna! when will you be a tv superstar caker?!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 9:15pm
post #19 of 48

anyone know when it comes on again? i got jennifers dvd, AWESOME!

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:12pm
post #20 of 48

The yellow team's cake was so clean looking! Those shoes definitely stole the show. I paused the TV so I could get a good look @ them.
They don't give the assistant's names, do they? If not, I wish they would.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:17pm
post #21 of 48

You can go on the website and give them suggestions--Jennifer gave the web address in the the other thread.

I agree very much that the least they can do is introduce the artists--those are real people not just actors playing a role.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:20pm
post #22 of 48

duplicate post

Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:31pm
post #23 of 48

I was so happy to see the yellow team win. A lot of thought went into that cake! It was so well done and the details were amazing!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:46pm
post #24 of 48

And they had an hour less than the other teams--they had two 30 minute time outs.

How 'bout them apples?! Way to go, Jenn & Sweet Sisters & Other Great Cake Artist!!!

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:48pm
post #25 of 48

I agree!! I was so super happy they won!! I LOVED their cake! and i knew they were on CC, from a post i read a while back. Way to go! icon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:51pm
post #26 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

I watched it - but had no idea that Jennifer was on there! I'll have to re-watch it.

And Edna - when are you going to be on tv?

I declined for that show cause I was sick...but seeing all the stress in the competition might just kill me..lol
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:09am
post #27 of 48

Edna, you would have been the bomb!!! It was so much fun! Martha and Becky did an amazing job designing the cake. I was so thrilled to be asked to assist them and even more thrilled that we took Jennifer too!!!

We had to sit out twice - the other teams won the 2 competitions but they only showed one!!!

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:15am
post #28 of 48

Yellow team so deserved to win! Leigh wouldn't know a tiered cake from a wedding cake if it hit her in the face! Congrats Jen!

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:23am
post #29 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by txnonnie

Will have to catch the rerun....had to watch the Cowboys last night.

GO COWBOYS!!!!! My #1

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:48am
post #30 of 48

OK I am glad to know who won but I want to see the cakes! I got a new dvr this week and decided to go to bed because I could just tape it. Yea right today as I am watching it the darn thing died and now I dont have it! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%