Need Cake Idea For 5 Men Bd, Please...

Decorating By ZlatkaT Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 12:31pm by ZlatkaT

ZlatkaT Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 8

Little story: we are group of friends and 3 of the men had BD in Sept., so I was thinking to do a 1/2 sheet cake with 3 figures as "talking politics", that what they usually do...like sitting on the bench with some funny expressions..as "talking" etc
BUT
my friend invited 2 other families, and so 2 other men will have BD in October (and we don't know them much). So now I have 5 BD men. And I think to do 5 figures would be too much for the cake (it might not look pretty), and I am thinking of some generic BD cake, which I don't have idea what to go for.
Would anybody help me with ideas?? There will be about 25 people to served.
Thank you!!

7 replies
letsgetcaking Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 8

That's a tough one, especially since they don't all know each other. Maybe you could do some kind of sports theme (basketball jersey, football helmet, etc...) Then, if you have time find out the favorite team of each of the birthday boys and decorate 1/5 of the cake in those team colors.

Or find out the favorite sport of each of the birthday boys. Make a line of 5 gym lockers. Each locker could be labeled with the person's name, then shape small sports equipment for each locker. A hockey shirt and stick for one, golf balls and club for another, shoes and basketball, etc...

ZlatkaT Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you letsgetcaking
3 of the men do know each other very well, and they do like to talk politic together icon_smile.gif, so that's why I was going to make the "talk politic" figures. I just don't know how to involve the two other men, but I guess they would chat with them as well anyway. Maybe I could do 5 "chatting" smaller figures; this idea sits in my head. But I do appreciate your idea, I know that two of the men are not in sports (not even watching games - my hubby is one of them icon_smile.gif)
...For some reason baking for men is harder that for women.

letsgetcaking Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:40am
post #4 of 8

I know. I think it's hard to buy presents for guys, too. I also really like your original idea. If you're able to sculpt them all to fit on the cake, I think it would look really cool! Good luck!

DianeLM Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:30am
post #5 of 8

What about 5 gift box cakes? I did this cake for 3 men's birthdays. (it was a luau themed party, as you can see.)
LL

Doug Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:40am
post #6 of 8

5-pack of beer

little note -- sorry guys -- the baker needed her beer too!

happy b-day

-----

or could do a the ever popular sugar beer bottles in a tub/cooler

letsgetcaking Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:05am
post #7 of 8

Hahahaha! Love the beer note!

ZlatkaT Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:31pm
post #8 of 8

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif Doug, love your idea, I will remember this for the time. I already started my figures.... Thank you guys, you could delete this post. I appreciate all your replies and ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%