Anybody Have An Opinion On Making Cherry Blossom Branches...

Decorating By izzy1953 Updated 29 Sep 2009 , 2:51pm by izzy1953

izzy1953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzy1953 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 6

i am doing a wedding cake this weekend. i ordered premade gumpaste cherry blossoms........(well i do work full time!) im looking for opinions on how i should do the branches. should i use fondant, gumpaste, or buttercream? what do all you experts think? its a 12, 10 and 6 inch square. just white with pink blossoms. anybody care to give me their opinion?

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 6

When I made my cherry blossom cake (in pics), I just made a batch of the chocolate icing on the side of the hershey cocoa can and used that with a #12, #7 and #5 tip. Piped it on the cake at the venue after assembly.

izzy1953 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 6

thank you indydebi!! i couldn't have asked for anyone better to help me decide. i soooo admire your work! that sounds really simple and all i really wanted was for someone to say.........do it this way. sometimes i just can't make a decision!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 6

I've spent a lot of my adult life in a "trainer" position and one thing I learned some time ago is that sometimes we just need someone to say, "Yep! That's how I'd do it, too!" thumbs_up.gif

I worked with one lady who always wanted me to double check a certain transaction that was pretty involved. She always had it right. Every time. I finally told her the same thing, "You know how to do this, you always do it right, but you have a mental block that makes you doubt yourself." So I just told her if she wanted me to just check it for her, I was happy to do it .... but no matter how much I reassured her she was right, she needed someone to say, "Yep! That's how I'd do it, too!" thumbs_up.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 6

I did mine with a a stiff brown royal. Here's a pic. HTH.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1197618

izzy1953 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 6

thats funny indydebi, because i have a lady who works with me (my full time job) and even though she has been here a year or longer, she will not perform this one function on the computer that we do everyday, unless she asks me SOME question about it first!!!! i always tell her , you know how to do that, why do you keep asking me..........i guess we are all the same sometimes. thanks and i'll be sure and post a picture in my photos..........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%