Mmf & Store Bought

Decorating By shancrafty Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 7:13am by Rylan

shancrafty Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 12:02pm
post #1 of 7

Can I mix MMF & Wilton fondant together? I made the MMF and happy with the results except it seems a little "stretchy". Can I mix the two to get more stability?

6 replies
cakesrock Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 12:14pm
post #2 of 7

I just mixed them the other day and had no problems. In fact, it seemed like a good marriage!

online_annie Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 12:22pm
post #3 of 7

I would probably work. Time only time I use Wilton Fondant is when I am making details that need to harded. I don't mess with making my own fondant, I purchase Satin Ice Fondant as it tastes great and is softer than Wilton, yet stiffer than MMF. Plus I can purchase it precolored, can't beat that. All the fun without the mess. The colors are easily adjusted by adding a smidge of color paste or white fondant. Highly recommend it. No surprises ever in how it will turn out.

amberc75 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 7

I also use Satin Ice, and I LOVE IT! I could never get the texture right on my MMF to cover cakes with it. I always just used it for accents. However, I have great confidence with Satin Ice. I just made my first fondant covered cake this past weekend with it, and it was WONDERFUL! Highly recommend it!

Anseis Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 7

where can you buy satin ice locally? Or is it best to order online?

shancrafty Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 7

thank you all!! yes, where do you buy satin ice? thanks again

Rylan Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 7:13am
post #7 of 7

You can buy Satin Ice in a lot of online stores. You can also check out your local cake decorating supply stores. Go to google and you will find many places.

Quote by @%username% on %date%