Raspberry Filling

Baking By cserwa Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 3:45am by aprilbree

cserwa Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 3:36am
post #1 of 5

I tried the raspberry filling on here (most popular recipe found in saved section). REcipe will follow my post.

The taste was great, but the texture wasn't like a filling. I waited until it was cool and then refrigerated it overnight before filling cake the following day. It certainly wasn't the thin type of easily-spread filling I'm used to. It all clumped together and was kind of difficult to spread once it was refrigerated. I had to kind of scoop the excess into a jar to refrigerate. It was way too thick and clumpy to just pour into the jar to save extras. Did I add too much corn starch??? Help!! Thanks!

merissa's raspberry filling:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2503/raspberry-filling

4 replies
JenniferMcDonald2 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 10:51am
post #2 of 5

I've used seedless raspberr jam. It works great. Just stir it up before applying it to your cake to make sure it's not clumpy. I got rave reviews over it. Hope this helps.

AndreaHalley Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:25am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMcDonald2

I've used seedless raspberr jam. It works great. Just stir it up before applying it to your cake to make sure it's not clumpy. I got rave reviews over it. Hope this helps.

Thanks Jenifer icon_biggrin.gif

GenGen Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:43am
post #4 of 5

for fathers day i decided i was going to be crafty (theres the red flag) i'd never made raspberry filling and couldn't find the recipe i had remembered seeing a few months prior.

anywho i was making a chocolate cake with cream cheese icing by request of hubby and i thought oh what the H and i'd make a raspberry filling.. could not find any seedless rasberry jam around (small town) so i took regular and ran it through a strainer.. then combined it with the extra cream cheese icing .. thought i was being nifty and crafty..

boy was that stuff thin and runny! lol.. so.. i thought..thickener... added some corn starch....

added some more...

added some more...

lol reading the above posts i realise i should have cooked it right? well live and learn..

it still tasted good ... thats the important part (ps its in my photos if you wanna look lol)

aprilbree Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:45am
post #5 of 5

i also use seedless raspberry jam. i'm actually using it in a wedding this weekend. and yes, people love it! i just buy it at walmart. although, i think it would be fun to try a good recipe. it's just easy and cheap when i need it to be, though. icon_smile.gif I buy extra jars, because the first couple of times, i thought one jar would be plenty. i'll just return what i don't use.

good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%