Need Fondant Help Quick!!!

Decorating By Tika35 Updated 29 Sep 2009 , 3:06am by UpAt2am

Tika35 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 2:13am
post #1 of 4

I usually make my own Marshmallow Fondant so as I was making a few batches tonight, I have Massive Sugar Balls in my fondant. The weather has changed where I live and is not humid anymore so I think that may be the problem because I make this all the time with the same brands and ingredients. This is for my sister's wedding cake for Saturday! I'm going to have to buy some and the store have available (in tubs) DecoPac and Bakery Craft brands. Need to know which one TASTES the best?

3 replies
tmt578 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 2:55am
post #2 of 4

Hi there... I'm not sure which product taste the best, but since you work w/ marshmellow fondant I have a super huge question. Can you over work the mmf when kneading in color. My mmf is breaking and its super soft and I dont know what to do. Is there anything you can suggest? icon_cry.gif

Tika35 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 3:04am
post #3 of 4

Yes. You can definitely over work the fondant! I experienced that last week when I was coloring the fondant burgundy. It took sooooooo much color that my fondant is only good for polka dots, although I did manage to make a couple of flowers out of with GREAT difficulty. I've never tried the MM rolled butter cream, just the plain MMF. If it's due tomorrow night, I would suggest that you get a good night's rest and bite the bullet and go buy some. Believe me, I am not a big fan of store bought fondant but THANK GOD for it in times like this!

UpAt2am Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 3:06am
post #4 of 4

tmt578: if your mmf is breaking after color, it's prob. b/c it's a darkerish color. that will tend to happen with black, dark blue, red, etc. but you said it's really soft too. it sounds to me like you could add some crisco to fix the breaking and powdered sugar to fix the softness. good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%