Product Review? What The Heck Is That?

Lounge By andrea7 Updated 8 Dec 2009 , 3:33am by mrs_smith

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 6:57am
post #31 of 87

Oh honestly!! You do NOT need reinforcement from here! Your cakes are FANTASTIC! Perfectly straight sides, tops, tiers stacked perfectly, smooth bc, creative, I could go on and on. It's obvious you're not a newbie to wedding cakes either. I'm certain she must be having buyers' remorse. I really wish you had pictures, I would love to see what perceived 'wrong' she was done! I certainly wouldn't give in to her. For future reference, maybe you need to have your clients sign off on their cakes once delivered/set-up? I realize that would be difficult with a bride, but in this age of sue happy people it could certainly help. I wouldn't give her another second of my time if I were you.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:40am
post #32 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea7

After several requests for information this is her latest email. If she can't tell me what's wrong, then the matter is over in my opinion. After she said her hubby was coming, I take that as a threat and no way will I meat her. This is the latest email.

As I stated before, the product you delivered did not meet our expectations, for several reasons. What is there to research? But I would like to sit down, face to face, and talk it out. We may end up agreeing to disagree.

However, as the business owner, I would think you'd be eager to try to resolve a customer complaint. You're in a very personal business and you're telling me that email is the only way you will communicate with me? That is completely unfair and unexpected as I could count the number of emails between us on one hand, up until this point.

So, I ask again, will you provide a convenient time for us to come by? In the meantime, I will prepare a detailed list of why it did not meet our expectations to send to you before our meeting so that you can "research."

This chick is not playing with a full deck. What is unfair about email? Unexpected yes because this chick's got an agenda. She's acting like this is school or something and you gotta go to the principals office or something. Patronizing, condesending.

I say, unleash the bitch, she's pushing hard.

Quote:

I'm sure I look sweet and stupid but the bitch will be unleashed if i'm pushed. thumbs_up.gif
Andrea

-K8memphis Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:50am
post #33 of 87

I wonder if any of the other vendors have been bothered like this by them?

andrea7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andrea7 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:17pm
post #34 of 87

I'm calling the venue today to see if they are having problems with her. Here's the picture. She designed this cake from top to bottom. Peacock feathers with dark purple and red roses to me was not a good choice, in my opinion.
Andrea

andrea7 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:22pm
post #35 of 87

Well i'm having technology problems. I'll try later to download the cake pic.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:26pm
post #36 of 87
Quote:

I'm calling the venue today to see if they are having problems with her. Here's the picture. She designed this cake from top to bottom. Peacock feathers with dark purple and red roses to me was not a good choice, in my opinion.
Andrea

Ha ha ha! I had a client like this one, too. She designed the whole cake herself (you know the ones who come in with a sketch that they shove in your face.) Well, turns out she didn't like the way that two tiers lined up in the real thing, so she emailed to complain that they were "disappointed" in how the cake looked! I emailed her back to say that the reason one tier looked shorter was that she had put vertical stripes on one tier, and a horizontal band at the base of the tier above that. Duh, that's going to make the upper tier look shorter than the one below it.

Your customer is probably going to complain that the colors that SHE chose were too dark!

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 5:46pm
post #37 of 87

I can't wait to hear about the meeting!
good luck!

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:15pm
post #38 of 87

Holy cats, I can not even believe her! What a nut job. I can not even imagine why she can not just tell you what she thought was wrong through an email or a phone call. Unless she is bringing you the entire uneaten cake, ha.

I am waiting to hear how this one turns out. Good luck!!!!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:58pm
post #39 of 87

Annnnnd this is the point where it's great to have an attorney.

andrea7 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:24am
post #40 of 87

I don't need a lawyer. She doesn't have a leg to stand on. The judge would throw the case out and no one would represent her for a $600.00 that was eaten. For now i'm just ignoring her until I get "the list" of complaints. I'm still never going to meet her at the studio. I won't give her the satisfaction.
Andrea

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:27am
post #41 of 87

She sounds like the type that was expecting you to fall to your knees and honor her every demand.

I'm glad you're not doing that.....she's fishing for some sort of refund. Too bad for her.

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:43am
post #42 of 87

No, I don't mean you need a lawyer in this particular case. It's just a good idea to have one so you can reply to nitwits like this: please forward your list of complaints to my attorney for review.

That's usually the last time you hear from jerks like that.

andrea7 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:49am
post #43 of 87

I agree that this behavior must have worked for her in the past, but not on me. I hate to say "kiss my butt" but i'm so there. I don't have time for this. We will all just have to wait until she makes her next move.
Andrea

-K8memphis Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:14am
post #44 of 87
Quote:

I agree that this behavior must have worked for her in the past, but not on me. I hate to say "kiss my butt" but i'm so there. I don't have time for this. We will all just have to wait until she makes her next move.
Andrea

Don't worry, Andrea, you grow out the hating to say it thing--it's just a 'phase'. icon_lol.gif

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:21am
post #45 of 87

I'm curious to see if she continues to push the issue. She's soooo vague. Ugh.

andrea7 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 1:02pm
post #46 of 87

Well it's been two weeks and no more emails. No complaints. She must have come to her senses. She thought she could push me around and i'd cave, but not this bitch! Don't let your clients try this crap. Be strong and smart!!!

-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 1:39pm
post #47 of 87

Yay Andrea!!! You rock!!!

__Jamie__ Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 2:55pm
post #48 of 87

Sweet!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 9:14pm
post #49 of 87

"to discuss the product your company provided for our wedding"???? Oh brother! This screams form letter! I'll bet everyone from the florist to the parking valet got one of these. I'd love to find out who planted this idea. Oh, and I'd also love to find out WHAT THE H3LL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?????

sorry... hormone week... icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 9:36pm
post #50 of 87

Thanks for the update, I wondered how this turned out. Good for you for standing up for yourself......she obviously got the hint.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 9:53pm
post #51 of 87

Andrea, you're my hero!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 12:01am
post #52 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

"to discuss the product your company provided for our wedding"???? Oh brother! This screams form letter! I'll bet everyone from the florist to the parking valet got one of these. I'd love to find out who planted this idea. Oh, and I'd also love to find out WHAT THE H3LL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?????

sorry... hormone week... icon_smile.gif

You know what it sounds like to me? Sounds like a little girl trying to sound all grown up.

andrea7 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 12:49am
post #53 of 87

I spoke to soon. She just emailed two hours ago. Same crap, no complaints. I got nasty in the reply email. I hope she screams" my lawyer "because she's going to find out that she's paying for my lawyer too . Always read the contract you sign.
Andrea

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:16am
post #54 of 87

Oh, please tell us what you said! icon_smile.gif

andrea7 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:21am
post #55 of 87

Here it is...

I have not responded to you because you still have not done what I asked.
Let me explain that in any business you must have a complaint and there is
none at this time. Until I have your list I cannot begin to attempt to
understand. Your emails have been nothing more than patronizing and
condescending. I have never spoke to this way or ever disrespected you.

In twenty years of retail business I have never had complaint without a realcomplaint verbally said. We can just keep going around and around but
please do contact me until there is a real complaint.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:41am
post #56 of 87

icon_lol.gif smart a$$ yet to the point! I luv it!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 4:33am
post #57 of 87

I was wondering about this thread just the other day.

Contact some of the other vendors at that wedding and see if they say the same stuff.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:00pm
post #58 of 87

" i have a complaint!! I paid more than I really wanted to! I want you to give me back some of my money! I shouldn't have ordered so many flowers..... oops, this is the cake lady, oh i forgot whom i was talking to... i sent this stupid email to everyone i dealt w/ for my wedding.... "

-K8memphis Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:13pm
post #59 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_for_fun

" i have a complaint!! I paid more than I really wanted to! I want you to give me back some of my money! I shouldn't have ordered so many flowers..... oops, this is the cake lady, oh i forgot whom i was talking to... i sent this stupid email to everyone i dealt w/ for my wedding.... "

^^^ icon_lol.gif ^^^ for sure!

Game on!

Think I'd say, spit it out already or talk to my lawyer. Geez Louise.

Do you link to here from your website? Is she following along with us?

andrea7 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 9:30pm
post #60 of 87

OHHH, now i'm mad. She said my cake was dry. It's time for a duke out with boxing gloves. I'm not giving her a penny! The designs are just as she wanted. I did think it was weird that she only wanted the monogram on one side, but that what she asked for and that's what the contracts states. Any imput for a reply. I really want a hum dingericon_smile.gif

(Her complaints)
The scroll work design was sloppy, hugely inconsistent, and does not reflect the
quality of work on display in your shop and in the portfolios we viewed.
2. The monogram design was sloppy, off centered, and does not reflect the quality of work on display in your shop and in the portfolios we viewed. I was actually embarrassed so I turned the monogram around to the back.
3. The rhinestone decoration between our initials is hardly noticeable. Furthermore, there is a blotch in the icing where it appears as though something was taken off or fell off of the cake.
4. The scroll work design was to be on all sides of every tier of the cake, with the exception of the front middle (monogram side).
We feel as though you did not attend to the details of our cake with the care you described during our initial cake tasting appointment. We looked forward to your cake because we were so impressed with how good the samples tasted and the creativity you displayed. The passion that you conveyed and sold us did not seem to extend to our wedding cake. We had every confidence in your skills and your company and eagerly anticipated the finished product only to be extremely disappointed with the end result.
Now when all is said and done, the most important factor when it comes to cake is how it tastes. We would be willing to overlook the blemishes if the taste of the cake made up for it. However, the most substantial disappointment was that the cake was dry and did not taste nearly as good as the samples! I was heartbroken to discover that most of the cake was thrown away because it tasted bad. Much to my dismay, the majority of my guests took one bite, spit the cake out and threw it in the trash!
Not only did it not look representative of a baker who has been in business for 20 yearsto add insult to injury, it tasted awful! We now regret not being able to highly recommend your company due to your apparent lack of concern for how your product negatively affected our special day.
Although I can never get this day back and consequently, you will never be able to fully rectify this, I am requesting a refund of all the money I paid to your company as a measure of remorse and goodwill.
Some comments made by my guests
Butter and powdered sugar [icing] to hide a dry cake.
The cake did not match the elegance of the day and the wedding.
This cake is horrible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%