Have Question About Wilton Color Spray

Decorating By Writecakes Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 11:22pm by Writecakes

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a three tier "sunset" cake for this weekend and have the orange and yellow Wilton color spray to get the sunset color effect. The last time I used the color spray and then added decorations to the buttercream, it left a white outline around the decoration. I tried not pushing them in so far to the icing but you could still tell where the color spray was and where the white buttercream underneath was around it. I'm going to be using chocolate transfers to create a ranch scene and want to make sure that white outline isn't there. Is there something I can do - or should I just mix yellow and orange coloring into my buttercream instead?
LL

3 replies
milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 4

I have never been satisfied with Wilton Color Spray, (as can be said for many Wilton products). I have finally decided to save up for an airbrush to get the effects I want. Sorry I can't give you any advice, just commiserate with you. Good luck.

xkfayex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xkfayex Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 4

i have used the color spray and the best i advice i can give you to avoid the color is instead of using white buttercream color it to compliment the cake. i actually have done a cake that is in the color theme you are probably looking for using the wiltons color spray.. i mixed a bit of golden yellow to my buttercream and that made a deeper yellow then used red color spray to spray around the sides to create more dimension to the cake itself so it wouldnt look like cheese lol.. i hope this helps!! [/list]
LL

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 11:22pm
post #4 of 4

That definitely helps! Thank you icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%