How Do I Attach Ribbon To Fondant??

Decorating By AmandaKate Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 6:59pm by kicky

AmandaKate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaKate Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a bridal shower cake for a friend and have been provided a ribbon corresponding to the color of the wedding....

I think I will use the ribbon along the bottom of each of the two tiers.....like this:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1415532

How do I attach the ribbon to the cake and what do I do with the two ends that mean around the back of the tier?

3 replies
Trish43 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trish43 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 4

You take gumpaste and dilute it in a little water to make a glue and attach ribbon.You can overlap ribbon or get ribbon to fit as close in the back.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 4

I pull the ribbon taut and then put a teeny tiny bit of hot glue onto the bottom of the ribbon. And then push the top of the ribbon onto it. I make sure not to get any on the cake and it works just fine. In fact, I just posted a pic a few minutes ago with this exact same scenario.

Some people use little corsage pins. And to cover the seam (where the ribbon meets), I used a bow. But if you put it in the back, I would just go ahead and let the seam show, because that is something that happens.

kicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kicky Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 4

Hi wet the ribbon then pull it though your fingures so it is just damp.
Then just wrap it round and overlap the end slightly. Works every time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%