How Does A Newbie Do A Baby Face With A Pacifier Cookie?

Decorating By 3wldcts Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 10:11pm by cakesmade4u

3wldcts Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 3

I want to make sugar cookies with a baby face with a blue pacifier. What type of icing do I use on the cookie and do I make the pacifier with fondant or gumpaste? I am completely a rookie and need any help I can get. I need to make 75 of these by Oct. 25. Can I bake the cookies now and freeze them and when would I decorate? Please please help. Also, any photos would be great.

2 replies
happy1mom Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 3

I would use royal icing on the cookie for face, eyes, nose, hair, and fondant for the pacifiers. Attach with a teeny bit of water.

You can bake them now, and freeze. Double wrap, place inside an air tight container or ziploc freezer bag.

You can decorate and freeze if you prefer (be sure the icing is completely dry first), or you can decorate at least two days before delivery so that the icing dries hard.

cakesmade4u Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 3

Here are my cookies
I would suggust freeze the cookies like happy1mom says but I would suggust without the mmfondant on them. Make a few fondant babyfaces and pacifiers glue with gumpaste glue, pipping gel or water and you can draw the eyes or use fondant that is what I did. Then a couple days ahead put the babys on the cookies and wrap them.. I never froze cookies with fondant thats why I suggest this way and you can do some here and there with out having to un-wrap and re wrap or freezer space...

Quote by @%username% on %date%