How To Make These Butterflies?

Decorating By Khadija1 Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 5:25pm by dchockeyguy

Khadija1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Khadija1 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 6

I am thinking of buying the following Butterfly kit since the butterflies look amazing to me, but can anyone please tell me how the butterflies are made, since I would like to know that before i buy it. Are these made of gelatin or are they painted with piping gel or something else?
Thanks in advance for your help!
P.S. Please excuse the huge image.. I don't know how to resize it icon_redface.gif

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=23909&name=Fantasy%20Lace%20Butterflies%20Kit%20by%20Stephen%20Benison

5 replies
wendalynn11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalynn11 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 6

I don't have any idea but I would also like to know, what a beautiful cake!

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 6

Those are awesome! I don't have a clue how to do them. But it says the instructions are included. Maybe email GSA and see if they'll tell you.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 6

I clicked on the link to GlobalSugarArt, and it says that the kit comes with picture instructions,
That is the only help I can offer since I have only made gumpaste butterflies using a different kit.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:09pm
post #5 of 6

Since the description say stencil I would assume they are made out of royal.

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 6

It's a set from Steven BEnnison. I saw him demo it at the ICES convention. He has special cutters he created to make those butterflies with. They were basically fondant (or GP, can't remember which). If you really want them to look like that, you'd need to buy the set I'd think.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%