How Long Does Bettercreme Last???

Decorating By tazmycat Updated 5 Oct 2009 , 12:56am by Uniqueask

tazmycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazmycat Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 5

In my town, the only place they have Rich's Bettercreme is Sam's, but it is already made and in a gazillion gallon tub. I make cakes only once in awhile for family and it would take me a looooong time to use all this. My question is -- (wait for it)----how long would it keep in the freezer and would it be just as good. How would you package it???? TIA

4 replies
Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 5

According to the label on my bucket 15 days in the fridge, and 1 year, in the freezer, I had mine since end of May early June, it is stored in My deep freezer and it is still good, and I only makes cakes once a while like you. Actually I make fillings with mine.

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 5

I use pastry pride for all my cakes and it doesn't have exp date I keep it for months in the freezer, I store it in ziplocs containers. HTH

tazmycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazmycat Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks folks. I may buy some now. I didn't know if it would keep or not. Unique... Do you store yours in zip locks, too.? Do you beat it again when you get ready to use???

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 12:56am
post #5 of 5

Sorry for replying so late, But I did not get a notification on the post, which I always do, NO actually mine is still in the bucket, but I do whip it everytime I use it, you have to to get it smooth, and silky.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%