How Long Does Bettercreme Last???

Decorating By tazmycat Updated 5 Oct 2009 , 12:56am by Uniqueask

tazmycat Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 5

In my town, the only place they have Rich's Bettercreme is Sam's, but it is already made and in a gazillion gallon tub. I make cakes only once in awhile for family and it would take me a looooong time to use all this. My question is -- (wait for it)----how long would it keep in the freezer and would it be just as good. How would you package it???? TIA

4 replies
Uniqueask Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 5

According to the label on my bucket 15 days in the fridge, and 1 year, in the freezer, I had mine since end of May early June, it is stored in My deep freezer and it is still good, and I only makes cakes once a while like you. Actually I make fillings with mine.

misabel99 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 5

I use pastry pride for all my cakes and it doesn't have exp date I keep it for months in the freezer, I store it in ziplocs containers. HTH

tazmycat Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks folks. I may buy some now. I didn't know if it would keep or not. Unique... Do you store yours in zip locks, too.? Do you beat it again when you get ready to use???

Uniqueask Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 12:56am
post #5 of 5

Sorry for replying so late, But I did not get a notification on the post, which I always do, NO actually mine is still in the bucket, but I do whip it everytime I use it, you have to to get it smooth, and silky.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%