Air Brushing

Decorating By dinie Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 8:55pm by Melchas

dinie Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 12:33pm
post #1 of 5

Have a question of how many have and use air brush equipment? I have a chance to get one as a birthday gift and just want to make sure that it is something that would be used. As we all buy something that we think we need and buy it and don't use it more than once, and since this equipment is expensive I don't want to have the person waste money on it. So please any comments would be great.

4 replies
celestecakes78 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 12:54pm
post #2 of 5

I got my airbrush last christmas and I love it. I use it often on my cakes either airbrushing the whole thing or just alittle to give the cake something extra depending on the design. Its all about demand and how often do you think you could be using it if you bought one? Do you have people showing pics of things they would like that would require an airbrush or could you achieve the same look another way/method? These are quest to think about.

Gibbo Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 2:33pm
post #3 of 5

I also got an airbrush at christmas and i love it! i often use it to colour whole fondant-iced cakes because it gives a far better colour than colouring the fondant. Also it's really good for kids cakes like characters and cars etc.
If anything i have to try and remember to NOT use my airbrush for the OCCASIONAL cake where a different method would give a better effect...mainly cos it's much easier and more fun with the airbrush.
Hope this helps,
Dan icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 5

I think it varies from people to people and what types of cakes you do. I have one and have used it, but probably not as much as other people. Do I think it was a bad purchase, no I'm glad I have it for when I need it, but I could do alot of the same things with out it.

I would ask yourself this question... How many times have you gone to do a cake and thought this would be easier/better/different effect if I had an airbrush?

Melchas Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 5

My hubby bougth me one for Christmas last year. I have used it a couple of times and I do like it, but I need more practice with it. I don't think my ability is high enough to use it alot yet, but I know I will eventually get better and more proficient at it over time.
I am glad he bought it for me though because it is something that I would never buy for myself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%