sugarandslice Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 8:05am
post #1 of 6

Is it possible to freeze royal icing?
Or how long does it keep in the fridge?

Hope someone can help.

5 replies
FleurDeCake Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 9:42am
post #2 of 6

Royal icing can be stored in a grease free container... no plastic . Plastic will make the royal icing break down. store it an an airtight glass container for 2weeks.

lapazlady Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 10:11am
post #3 of 6

I've kept RI for several weeks in the fridge. I put it in a canning jar, place plastic wrap on the RI to prevent crusting on the surface. Then put the rubber seal on and screw the top on well. HTH

tigerhawk83 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 6

I asked this question couple of weeks ago in the cookie forum and was told that - yes - you can freeze royal icing. After it thaws you may need to rewhip it.

icer101 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 6

i teach wilton .. i keep my r/i in the frig.. not freezer.. for months.. before discarding.. i keep it in tupperware containers.. works great for me.... i teach with it for couple of months. add new mixture to it ..when i need it.. then i clean it all out. and start over.. i don,t have to rebeat it.. i just use my spatula.. and beat it really good by hand. works great in my classes.. hth... i have extra frig. in my basement...

Mensch Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:22pm
post #6 of 6

I keep RI in the fridge, in Tupperware (so, yes, you CAN keep RI in plastic...). I always re-beat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%