Rkt Purse

Decorating By cakelovincrazy Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 1:57pm by cakelovincrazy

cakelovincrazy Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:38am
post #1 of 4

I'm going to make a purse out of RKT (for the first time), do I need to cover the RKT with icing or anything before coveing it in fondant?
TIA

3 replies
tatorchip Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 4:24am
post #2 of 4

I cover mine with buttercream icing, I rub in with my hands to fill all the cracks and then cover with fondant. it dosen't take much bc. HTH

xstitcher Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 4:24am
post #3 of 4

Different options for what you can use between your RKT and fondant:

Buttercream
Candy Melts
Chocolate
Shortening
Nothing at all
Simple Syrup

There may be more but this is what I can remember for now.

Here's a great thread that might help:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=618014&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Couple of other things to keep in mind:

-you make want to crush your rk's before making rkt so they are a little less bumpy when you mold (you can put them thru your food processor real quickly, crush by hand or a rolling pin etc).
-easier to mold when still slightly warm
-if your rkt is still on the bumpy side either roll your fondant thicker to hide some of the bumps or cover it twice
-have fun!

cakelovincrazy Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Different options for what you can use between your RKT and fondant:

Buttercream
Candy Melts
Chocolate
Shortening
Nothing at all
Simple Syrup

There may be more but this is what I can remember for now.

Here's a great thread that might help:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=618014&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Couple of other things to keep in mind:

-you make want to crush your rk's before making rkt so they are a little less bumpy when you mold (you can put them thru your food processor real quickly, crush by hand or a rolling pin etc).
-easier to mold when still slightly warm
-if your rkt is still on the bumpy side either roll your fondant thicker to hide some of the bumps or cover it twice
-have fun!

GREAT, thanks for the thread! icon_smile.gif I think I'll cover it in chocolate, may taste better and less sweet than bc. Thanks again! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%