Can Anyone Help Me!!

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 3:21am by momvarden

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 14

I was just asked to do a Zombie Hello Kitty cake..similar to the one in the picture posted below. Due to the amount of guest the person has attending, I suggested doing a huge tombstone w/ a dirt pile and zombie hello kitty crawling out of the dirt... here's my problem...originally i wanted it to be lying down.. but i didn't think it would look right where the dirt is.. does anyone have any suggestions?? or any help in maybe making this thing stand up?? also which pan would you use to make the head? ahhh, so many questions!! Lol
LL

13 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 12:46am
post #2 of 14

Start with the standing bear pan and add and take away as needed?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

doublecz1103 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:03am
post #3 of 14

thats what i just came up with too.. any ideas on how to make a stand up tombstone that will support itself ok..

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:07am
post #4 of 14

Do you need the tombstone to be made out of cake? If not I'd use RKT.

doublecz1103 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:14am
post #5 of 14

i think i'm gonna suggest using a dummy and doing a huge ground scene out of cake.. i'm just worried about travel

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:40am
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublecz1103

thats what i just came up with too.. any ideas on how to make a stand up tombstone that will support itself ok..

this may help on making a tombstone

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1424092.html

OregonCakeLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OregonCakeLady Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:43am
post #7 of 14

Don't mean to change the subject, but can anyone explain this cake? Why do people want a zombie hello kitty? There are some cakes that I don't get but this one just confuses me. I feel like I am missing something icon_redface.gif

doublecz1103 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 2:02am
post #8 of 14

lol.. whatever makes the customer happy! lol.. i guess the girl is 16 and loves hello kitty..but is having a halloween party.. hmmmm... sweet and scary.. not sure how that's gonna work out

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 2:10am
post #9 of 14

link to original article about cake
http://www.kittyhell.com/2008/07/15/hello-kitty-zombie-cake/

with lots of additional photos (including decapitation and dissection!)
http://www.kristinandsean.com/hello_kitty_cake.htm

and in the article is a link to the original cake artist!
http://www.debbiedoescakes.net/

oh....

and be sure to see this HK cake too!
http://www.kittyhell.com/2009/01/06/hello-kitty-death-cake/

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 2:20am
post #10 of 14

If I loved Hello Kitty, I would want it looking alive. Just sayin. icon_wink.gif

doublecz1103 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 2:29am
post #11 of 14

thanks everyone for your ideas!!

doug, that other hello kitty cake.. at first i was cracking up.. who would come up with something like that ... then i was like aww it so sad! lol

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 2:43am
post #12 of 14

Call me warped....a zombie Hello Kitty - THAT is hilarious! It's such a contradiction.

I'd want the tombstone and pile of dirt to be in proportion to the Hello Kitty so I'd do those bigger and make the pile of dirt cake so that you get a little more cake out of it. You might even consider doing it on a sheet cake and have the sheet cake be the ground (more cake!) with your HK and tombstone as pictured. I know, I know - nobody likes doing sheet cakes, but I think they do serve a great purpose every now and then.

You have to post a picture when it's done! icon_lol.gif

doublecz1103 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:01am
post #13 of 14

i just ok'd the idea with the customers.. using a huge fack/dummy tombstone w/ a 11x15x4 sheet in front of it acting as a "ground scene" w/ a dirt mound and the kitty's head crawling out.. lots of bugs and "blood".. using strawberry filling to simulate "blood" inside the cake.. and so on.. i'll def. post my picture when i'm done.. its not till the end of oct though!!

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:21am
post #14 of 14

well you already got your idea but i still wanted to pass this on. I was going to suggest that you could have done a different style of head stone there are so many out there. something more rectangular with a slant and the words on that part, ect. well there you go. good luck with your cake can not wait to see the pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%