Left A Pudding Filled Cake Out......oh No

Decorating By hluterbach Updated 27 Sep 2009 , 4:28pm by msulli10

hluterbach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hluterbach Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 6

so i made a cake for a friend's daughter's first birthday and it was filled with chocolate pudding. i forgot to put it in the fridge for 12 hours. woke up at midnight and realized what i did and stuck it in the fridge. do you think that will be a problem? i am a little worried it will be yucky. thanks
-heidi

5 replies
Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 6

What kind of pudding was it? I use those pudding cups all the time - they don't need to be refriderated, but if you made fresh pudding it sounds pretty 'IF-y" to me. thumbsdown.gif

hluterbach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hluterbach Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 6

it was the regular pudding that you make with milk. there is nothing i can do about it now. they are picking it up any minute. not sure what to do.
heidi

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 6

And, actually, those pudding cups don't need to be refrigerated until they're opened ... then they do!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 6

It'll be fine. Don't worry about it. I recently cut a cake that had sat out for over two hours in 90 degree heat at an outdoor reception. It was actually still cool in the middle.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 6

It should be fine (unless your house is extemely warm). Your decorated cake will act like a sealant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%