Left A Pudding Filled Cake Out......oh No

Decorating By hluterbach Updated 27 Sep 2009 , 4:28pm by msulli10

hluterbach Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 6

so i made a cake for a friend's daughter's first birthday and it was filled with chocolate pudding. i forgot to put it in the fridge for 12 hours. woke up at midnight and realized what i did and stuck it in the fridge. do you think that will be a problem? i am a little worried it will be yucky. thanks
-heidi

5 replies
Mug-a-Bug Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 6

What kind of pudding was it? I use those pudding cups all the time - they don't need to be refriderated, but if you made fresh pudding it sounds pretty 'IF-y" to me. thumbsdown.gif

hluterbach Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 6

it was the regular pudding that you make with milk. there is nothing i can do about it now. they are picking it up any minute. not sure what to do.
heidi

emiyeric Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 6

And, actually, those pudding cups don't need to be refrigerated until they're opened ... then they do!

Ruth0209 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 6

It'll be fine. Don't worry about it. I recently cut a cake that had sat out for over two hours in 90 degree heat at an outdoor reception. It was actually still cool in the middle.

msulli10 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 6

It should be fine (unless your house is extemely warm). Your decorated cake will act like a sealant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%