Are There Any Cakers Near Hanover/gettysburg, Pa Or Md?

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 27 Sep 2009 , 9:02pm by tanyascakes

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:08am
post #1 of 8

Hi. I am trying to find out from PA cakers where the good cake supply stores are around the Hanover or Gettysburg areas. I will be headed that way next month to visit my inlaws, and want to try to see about grabbing supplies while I am up that way. I figured I could likely find more places to shop for cake stuff near there or even Baltimore MD if I have to. Any ideas on where to go would be so great and helpful to me. Thanks so much! I would so LOVE to even try to swing by Charm City Cakes and meet/take pics with Duff and his gang!! But alas, those are pipe dreams, I am sure!

Tanya

7 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:19am
post #2 of 8

There are a few great places around here, but I'm just outside Northeast Philly...is that out of your way?

You can check Fante's online, its a cake supply place in downtown Philadelphia. Better yet you can contact Oasis Supply in Bensalem, PA (right outside NE Philly as well) and place an order and then pick it up when you come through. They offer a TON of stuff. They just run the business out of a warehouse though, and only a small store with ready to buy stuff. Mostly I order and pick up. But ordering they are a full line cake supplier.

We also have The Restaurant Store which is good too for Bubble Tea straws and pans and other various and assorted non food items.

PM me if you want more info...all those above can be looked up online though too. Good luck!

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:24am
post #3 of 8

Near Baltimore is a tiny shop with a TON of stuff! It's called Kake Kraft Korner and it's in Ferndale, MD - a few minutes from the city.

Here is their website... www.kakekraftkorner.com

They don't sell anything through their website but it lists their hours and their address and phone # if you wanted to get directions or give them a call. Jim is the guy who runs the place and they are super nice and helpful. I'm telling you this place is small and it is jammed full of cake, cookie, chocolate, you name it stuff to look at - you won't know where to begin!! icon_smile.gif

I'm not sure where you're coming from or which direction you're headed but it's right off of route 97

Hope that's a little help! Well worth the stop!

am2pm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
am2pm Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:31am
post #4 of 8

I'm near Hanover and the closest place to me is in York and that is just a small store. I order everything online unfortunately. As far as I know, there isn't anything in Gettsburg either.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:31am
post #5 of 8

I'm in MD about 1/2 hour south of Hanover. There isn't anything close in this area. I do alot of ordering on line. There is a small store/bakery near Frederick MD. I got boxes at a very reasonable price from them. Here's their website. http://www.carriagehousebakery.com/About_Us/about_us.html

Sorry I can't be of more help. We had a small candy/cake supply store right in the town where I live, but it closed in August. icon_cry.gif

tanyascakes Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:46am
post #6 of 8

Thanks for all of the help eveyone. I am driving-yes, driving_in from Kansas. My hubby loves to make ita roadtrip. But I will definitely give these places a try! Thanks for all of the help!

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 5:28pm
post #7 of 8

Slim pickins around here. I'm in Baltimore less than a mile from a cake store. Nothing special there. I'm sad that the cake store by Price closed because they carried specialty stuff (although I LOVE the deals I got when they clearanced everything) I'd drive an hour to go there. The ferndale store is supposed to be good but I mostly order online.

tanyascakes Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 9:02pm
post #8 of 8

Okay thanks for everything, guys! I am gonna see if I can find any for the road we are traveling on, too. Hopefully as I go through Illinois and Missouri and stuff I will find something!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%