The Bismark/filling Tip?

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 27 Sep 2009 , 2:53am by step0nmi

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:13am
post #1 of 7

So, today I went to Michael's and I "thought" they had the Bismark tip...the one where you use it to put the filling into the cupcake. They don't have it anymore!!! I'm so mad! The only way I found it was in that new "cupcake making kit" and that kit is $12.99! I'm NOT paying that.

So, how crucial is this tip to fill up cupcakes? Is there a certain technique for doing so?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:25am
post #2 of 7

Maybe you can try to use the Wilton Tip #12. The filling won't go as deep into the cupcake as it would with the Bismark tip but it just might work.

HTH

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:28am
post #3 of 7

I find the bismark tip opening too small. I prefer the tip 1M for filling cupcakes.

step0nmi Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:29am
post #4 of 7

hmmm...I was thinking a smaller tip. I dunno if that would be too big? the Bismark tip is small opening

step0nmi Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:38am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffCake

I find the bismark tip opening too small. I prefer the tip 1M for filling cupcakes.

so, how does that work out? do you get filling going all over the place? how far does it go down into the cupcake?

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:47am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

Quote:

so, how does that work out? do you get filling going all over the place? how far does it go down into the cupcake?

It goes down to about the middle of the cupcake. I just squeeze the filling in until I can barely see the top of the cupcake start to expand. If you put too much in, the top of the cupcake will crack open.

Not sure what you mean about the filling going all over the place. What kind of filling do you use?

step0nmi Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:53am
post #7 of 7
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

Quote:

It goes down to about the middle of the cupcake. I just squeeze the filling in until I can barely see the top of the cupcake start to expand. If you put too much in, the top of the cupcake will crack open.

Not sure what you mean about the filling going all over the place. What kind of filling do you use?

i just meant because of the type of tip it was with the openings sort of on the side.

I think I might try both of those tips real quick and see which I like best icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the help, ladies icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%