Beer Buttercream

Baking By OuSunshine Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 11:21pm by adree313

OuSunshine Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a Guiness Cake for my father for his birthday. Does anyone have a recipe for the beer butter cream???? I have looked on Amazing Wedding Cakes website and found the discussion but not the way to make this. Please help if you can!!!!!!

5 replies
bbmom Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 12:07am
post #2 of 6

Ummmm...I dont like beer at all, but what about just making your regular buttercream and using the beer as the liquid? I dont know if that would be good or not as the thought of beer and frosting sounds gross to me, but as I said I dont like beer. I often will use coffee as the liquid in my bc, pretty much any liquid can be used.

alyssia2777 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 12:24am
post #3 of 6

Loranne's makes a champagne flavor but I have never tasted it. I usually use 1 dram of any flavor in my icing if it a large batch and the taste is sufficient. A dram is about $2.00.
You can also try a malt flavoring or extract. If you are going to use beer I would use a flat one and see how that works out.
I have made the Chocolate Guinesse cake and just used Chocolate butteream icing and it was awesome! It's a great cake that your dad will most definitely enjoy if this is the same one.

If you find a good recipe let me know, I'd be very interested!!

andrea7 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 10:52pm
post #4 of 6

Just add Guinesse to the buttercream, small amounts at a time and keep adding until it's right.
Andrea

SandiOh Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 6

oh, oh, oh, I know......I use Baileys buttercream for my guiness cupcakes...it compliments it very well....and people that don't like beer then love the overall taste of the bite.

adree313 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 11:21pm
post #6 of 6

i seem to remember the woman on amazing wedding cakes actually putting the beer on the stove and boiling it to reduce it a bit? but i can't remember exactly what she did after that. sorry that was probably no help whatsoever!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%