Bettercreme

Decorating By saberger Updated 27 Sep 2009 , 1:01am by Londonchic

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 7

I just got a quart of Rich's Bettercreme to try. So now what do I do? I have to whip it? It says that it can only stay in the fridge for 7 days once opened. Can I refreeze it? How much do I use for one cake? Do I just use it for filling?

I know there was a post about bettercreme fun but can't find it right now. Any help is appreciated. So many have raved about it that I am breaking away from my IMBC just to try it.

6 replies
pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 7

don't know where the linkis the the thread-but I think that bobwonderbuns hasalink to it in his signature

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 7

Yes, you can refreeze the unwhipped portion. I typically use it for filling and to swirl on top of cupcakes...sometimes as is and sometimes mixed with flavorings, cookies or candies. I've never iced a cake with it, but some people do.

Here is the link to the Bettercreme Fun thread.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-601193.html

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 7

I have frozen thawed and refrozen about 8 times and haven't noticed any change in the consistency or flavor. I've also frozen already whipped bettercreme and thawed it again and used it with no problems.

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the info and for the link. Does the cake or cupcakes then have to be refrigerated?

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 12:34am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberger

Thanks for the info and for the link. Does the cake or cupcakes then have to be refrigerated?

No, Bettercreme is temperature stable! It looks, feels and tastes very much like whipped cream to me. It is not a dairy product though so it does not need to be refrigerated.

Londonchic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Londonchic Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 1:01am
post #7 of 7

I use that a lot, especially the double chocolate.

It cannot be compared to whipped cream in taste, but in a hot climate like me, it's the only option.

I add Baileys, Khalua, or whatever liqueur is at hand. If you add cream cheese to the vanilla, it's to die for!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%