Stringwork Classes

Decorating By Donnagardner Updated 29 Sep 2009 , 11:59am by Donnagardner

Donnagardner Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 7

If you were going to take a class on extension work would you take it from Kathy Scott or Geraldine Randlesome? I am trying to sign up for some classes and they both are teaching stringwork. Kathy's is Commercial Australian Stringwork and Geraldine's is Basic Australian Stringwork. Thanks for any advice.

6 replies
11cupcakes Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 7

I attend one of the demonstrations by Geraldine and I enjoyed it so much.She is so fun to work with and really good at answearing your questions.I know you'll enjoy her class.

Donnagardner Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for the information. I have taken other classes from both of them and was wondering more about the stringwork.

Donnagardner Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 7

BUMP

Donnagardner Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 7

Anyone??

sunny2 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 7

I have seen both of these people demonstrate string work. Geraldine's method is the time consuming original method of doing stringwork. Kathy Scott has come up with a shortcut way that is faster to do. She admits that if she were going to enter a cake in a competition she would not use her shortcut method as it would be frowned upon by the judges. She came up with the shortcut method because she has a very,very busy cake shop and could not justify spending the time on the original method. So to answer your question it depends upon what you want to do with it- a decision only you can make.

Donnagardner Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 11:59am
post #7 of 7

Thanks sunny2, I thought that was probably the way it was but wanted to know if anyone could confirm it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%