Frest Fruit Filling?

Decorating By hollyscakes Updated 26 Sep 2009 , 8:40pm by hollyscakes

hollyscakes Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 5

can you put fresh strawberries as a filling? i want a strawberry filling but i don't want to have to cook them down. jw thanks

4 replies
-K8memphis Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 5

Yes. I pipe a nice tall dam around the layer--I whip some cream until it is very stable --not whipped into butter but whipped where it won't weep--put part of the whipped cream down--layer the cut strawberries like a mosaic onto that--cover that with another layer of whipped cream --put the cake layer--etc.

And so you gotta keep this friged too--but the whipped cream creates a nice fatty barrier to keep your strawberries from peeing out the side of the cake.

I freeze this filling too.

Use a very sharp knife because it will keep the strawberries from juicing out better than a dull knife. I cut mine small so it serves well. I mean I like nice big blobs of strawberry juju but it makes for messy servings.

Strawberry fields forever thoughts for you

11cupcakes Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 5

I use Brill strawbery glaze with my fresh strawberries.It tastes and looks really good. Your local grocery store should carry strawberry glaze in their produce department.

dorie67 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 5

I was going to mention the strawberry glaze that is usually sold in the produce section of the market, that way you can have the syrup part without having to cook the strawberries and making your own. Good Luck! princess.gif

hollyscakes Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 5

thanks so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%