Got Lots Of Brides' Info. Now What?

Business By HarleyDee Updated 26 Sep 2009 , 5:09am by HarleyDee

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:42am
post #1 of 3

Had my first bridal fair a couple of weeks ago. It went really well. Brides were required to fill out an info card to enter drawings, and all of the vendors received all of that info today.

So my question is, what is the best way to go about contacting the brides? Unfortunately the questionnaire didn't specifically ask "Do you have a wedding cake?" they only asked if the brides had a caterer. So I guess I will have to assume if they don't have a caterer, they probably don't have a cake? (I was the only strictly cake, no savory food served vendor there. The other three cake makers are full on caterers too.)

Would email or calling be best (seeing how I can't afford postage to send a brochure to everyone), and what do I say when I contact them? Any help is appreciated! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:49am
post #2 of 3

Dear (bride):

Thanks for attending the (name of) bridal show recently. I hope you found plenty of great ideas for your wedding among the many talented vendors who were there.

If you're still shopping for your wedding cake, now is the time to call and make your sampling appointment. Our calendar tends to fill up fast after a bridal show, so we encourage you to call us right away so we can secure a time slot to talk about your wedding with you.

Attached is some information about us/our cakes. Looking forward to hearing from you!

(The last sentence is an assumption that any info you have is emailable. Also if you are offering any post-show specials, now is the time to remind them. I'd also contact the show and tell them they need to expand their categories from "caterer" to "cake" and "caterer". These are not necessarily or always the same thing, and you need that data pulled out.)

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 5:09am
post #3 of 3

Knew I could count on you icon_smile.gif Yeh, I already emailed the hosts telling them that I didn't have a category. The fact that I'm the only one shouldn't matter because there was one harpist there, and she has her own category. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%