Hey You!

Decorating By Writecakes Updated 26 Sep 2009 , 9:57pm by tracycakes

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 12:21am
post #1 of 34

What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be making and decorating cake? It's the weekend you know. icon_wink.gif

33 replies
LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 12:40am
post #2 of 34

Ha ha, you got me! Actually allowed myself a slow weekend. Only a dozen petit fours and a birthday cake. Easy Easy and lovin it

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 12:42am
post #3 of 34

I wish I was making cakes. I guess I'll have to wait 2 more weeks hehe.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 12:56am
post #4 of 34

I am chillin' this weekend...only making some RI flowers for some cuppies I am going to make next week. Most of my baking is done during the week. Like Rylan...I have a cake coming in a few weeks for a bridal shower that I am looking foward to making icon_biggrin.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 12:57am
post #5 of 34

No cakes this weeken, I'm attending a Godly Play training workshop.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 1:02am
post #6 of 34

lol you got me also, I am also without any cakes this weekend but next week I have cakes and cookies, can't wait

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 1:06am
post #7 of 34

No cakes here as I only bake for family and friends. And if I don't decorate something soon I am going to have a meltdown. Everywhere I look I see CAKE design! I NEED to get a fix like right now. The sugar... it's calling to me! It knows me by name. My hands are trembling and I must have a piping bag NOW! Some modeling chocolate, a sprinkle a fleck of disco dust... ANYTHING!!! I swear my tongue was trying to create a rose petal with my bubble gum. There is a devil's food cupcake on my left shoulder taunting at me.... icon_evil.gificon_cry.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 1:11am
post #8 of 34

Night off for me...delivered cheeseburger cake last night and don't have another one till the wedding on Sunday...so tomorrow I start covering cakes and making lemons! But tonight I get to laze about, watch tv and hang out on here icon_lol.gif

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 1:51am
post #9 of 34

No cakes, no cookies, no nothing tonight. With the exception of getting into a tiff with the BF who thinks he's a professional dog trainer (*cough*)... icon_rolleyes.gif

tatorchip Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 1:56am
post #10 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

No cakes here as I only bake for family and friends. And if I don't decorate something soon I am going to have a meltdown. Everywhere I look I see CAKE design! I NEED to get a fix like right now. The sugar... it's calling to me! It knows me by name. My hands are trembling and I must have a piping bag NOW! Some modeling chocolate, a sprinkle a fleck of disco dust... ANYTHING!!! I swear my tongue was trying to create a rose petal with my bubble gum. There is a devil's food cupcake on my left shoulder taunting at me.... icon_evil.gificon_cry.gif

lol, sadsmiles, now that made my night lol the bubble gum rose lol

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:06am
post #11 of 34

icon_lol.gif @ sadsmile.

No-body has ordered cake since I said my prices were going up icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_lol.gif .

Oh well, at least my house is clean again and I'm getting work done on my x-stitching YAY!!

I'm going to offer to do a cake for a 60th next month. I'm doing it for free because I'm almost in the same state of mind as sadsmile icon_lol.gif .

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:11am
post #12 of 34

No cakes for me either but I am going to rearrange ALL my cake stuff.....pulling everything out of the closet, draws, shelves and sorting, tossing and getting a new storage units. Ahhhhhh to be organized again....

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:24am
post #13 of 34

I just finished cutting out 36 train engine cookies by hand. My friend wants them to match the napkins for her baby shower, and I couldn't find a cutter of the exact right shape. Anyway, I'm sitting down now because the last time I did cookies that way, I threw my back out -- LOL!!! I think my counter must be the wrong height or something. So, I'm sitting down and resting to avoid another baking injury!

Tomorrow, I get to bake and decorate a lemon cake for my pastor's birthday. Then, Sunday, I'll start flooding and piping the train cookies.

A fun weekend for me!!!! My poor husband may feel neglected, though . . .

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:32am
post #14 of 34

yeh no cakes for me either, i never really get the chance to do many anyway icon_sad.gif My last one was a dummy cake cose i was so desperate to design some kind of cake icon_sad.gif

I was thinking of trying some gluten free sugar cookies soon though, havn't done cookies in a while!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:39am
post #15 of 34

I'm taking a break. I'll resume cake decorating tomorrow morning.

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 3:55am
post #16 of 34

Well since you all aren't busy, how about a hand cleaning up this massive mess in my kitchen? icon_razz.gif

Elise87 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:02am
post #17 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Writecakes

Well since you all aren't busy, how about a hand cleaning up this massive mess in my kitchen? icon_razz.gif

icon_eek.gif Oh gee look at the time......i just remembered i have to go do something.....but good luck with your kitchen icon_lol.gif

tatorchip Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:18am
post #18 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

Quote:

icon_eek.gif Oh gee look at the time......i just remembered i have to go do something.....but good luck with your kitchen icon_lol.gif

coming, someone is at the door and the phone is ringing lol sorry real busy now lol

aprilbree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilbree Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:33am
post #19 of 34

well since you all are bored....you should watch this video. so stinkin' cute....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eglLNpz2eE&feature=PlayList&p=83488967243BA3CE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=21

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:39am
post #20 of 34

No cakes tonight I am cleaning house I did make one last Friday it was a barnyard theme cake for a young mans 1st birthday he loved it it in my pics

Molly icon_smile.gif

Elise87 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:40am
post #21 of 34

Well while we are on video's can i pop one on here too? Here is a beer ad i just watched on tv, it is a little sad but pretty funny lol

aprilbree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilbree Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:48am
post #22 of 34

haha! Elise, that was cute.

okay, i have another. this one is a fave of mine. a church did a sermon series on how Jesus is not.

i sent this to my pastor, because i think he should use it too. icon_smile.gif

p.s. it's really funny.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 5:03am
post #23 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylee

No cakes for me either but I am going to rearrange ALL my cake stuff.....pulling everything out of the closet, draws, shelves and sorting, tossing and getting a new storage units. Ahhhhhh to be organized again....

only to have it thrashed all over again 2 days later because you couldn't find that ONE thing that you put in JUST the right spot so you would know EXACLTY where it was the next time you needed it.

at least that's how it happens in my house. icon_biggrin.gif

adree313 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 5:05am
post #24 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

Quote:

coming, someone is at the door and the phone is ringing lol sorry real busy now lol

*runs with elise and tator, just to trip and then get hauled off to the emergency room*

now i'm REALLY busy and can't help. so sorry!

tatorchip Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 5:07am
post #25 of 34

hehe, I'll have to bring you a cake book to look at lol

adree313 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 5:13am
post #26 of 34

that'd be super and greatly appreciated icon_biggrin.gif

geesh. all that just to avoid cleaning a messy kitchen. guess you can tell where my deep hatred lies! icon_smile.gif

Elise87 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 6:49am
post #27 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by adree313

......because you couldn't find that ONE thing that you put in JUST the right spot so you would know EXACLTY where it was the next time you needed it

I always manage to loose 1 specific piping tip all the time and that's always the one i need....soo annoying!

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:05pm
post #28 of 34

I should be baking a cake for hubby's bday today but the kiddies aren't allowing that. icon_cry.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 7:58pm
post #29 of 34

Taking a break. Making a multi-Medium cake for a Decorated Cake Contest at the local fair. My cake design is Ocean and so far it contains: Gumpaste coral, Hard Candy waves, molded chocolate starfish and seashells, Fondant coral, royal icing seashells, buttercream crumb coat and icing covered in fondant. I earned it. I have another cake to start shortly "Teddy Bear Tea Party" birthday cake. Whew. But i'm loving it.

lomfise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomfise Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 8:25pm
post #30 of 34

I actually have a very good excuse for not decorating this weekend; I'm going to Belgium tomorrow morning on a study tour with the rest of my class. icon_lol.gif We're going to visit the EU and NATO. I'm very exited, and might even get inspired for an EU cake LOL.

But I am planning on taking full revenge next weekend as all of my teachers are to have a cookie bouquet when school finishes friday next. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Have a very good weekend. See you in a week. icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%