How To Word A "kiss-Off" Email..?

Business By -Tubbs Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 9:20pm by BabyC1985

-Tubbs Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 5

I'm looking for some standard email wording response for those customers who have shown every sign of being a PITA, ask millions of questions and waste loads of time, whom you come to realise will eventually come back to you with a "Oh, we decided not to go ahead with you" (too expensive, too far away, too whatever).

Everything I write comes out either too snarky, or sounds like I really like them and would be more than happy to accomodate another order from them at another time, which I wouldn't.

Anyone have anything they'll share?!
Thanks, Natalie.

4 replies
cylstrial Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 5

Can you just say your already booked for that day?

__Jamie__ Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 5

This is specifically what I wrote to one the other day, cut and paste from the email:

Hi XXXX. Please thank your fiancee for the compliments on my cake. Unfortunately I cannot match the quote from XXXX. If that design is what you have your heart set on, with the intricate royal icing floodwork pieces and the ganache like your fiancee insists on, then I would take that quote and consider yourself very lucky. In bigger cities, this same design would run close to $900. I was more than reasonable with my quote for the design you say you must have.

I too offered you options that could lower your price, but every one of them was met with resistance. I'm sorry I was unable to help you, and I wish you all the luck in finding a decorator at this late date that can meet your needs. If I can be of further assistance, on a future order, please let me know.

As you can imagine this was after MUCH pitaishness.

mcdonald Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 5

nice job... short, sweet, point made...DONE!!

BabyC1985 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 5
Originally Posted by mcdonald

nice job... short, sweet, point made...DONE!!

agreed, nicely done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%