Mini Wedding Cupcakes

Business By cgm_cakes Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 9:29pm by Kiddiekakes

cgm_cakes Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 6

I've had a request for 84 mini wedding cupcakes, decorated with a basic swirl and sprinkles.

Curious what you would charge for these.

Any input/advice is appreciated.

5 replies
prterrell Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 6

Mini cupcakes? As in the bite-sized ones? I currently charge $10/doz for those (basic swirl and sprinkles), so that would come to $70.

If they mean mini as in not the jumbo sized ones, then they might want the standard cupcakes (the reason I bring this up is that mini cupcakes is such a strange thing for a wedding, unless they are part of a dessert bar). I currently charge $30/doz for plain standard cupcakes (swirl and sprinkles). That would come to $210 for the order.

revel Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 6

Around here mini's go for $1.25 each. I'm Not sure where is Western Canada you are. Do a google search for cupcake shops and see what they charge.

-Tubbs Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 6

84 minis really isn't that much. I mean, not much to look at, as well as not much to eat.

I recently had a bride who thought she wanted minis, but when she saw how tiny they were, she changed her mind to regular 'standard' sized cuppies. I was pleased because minis are a bit of a pain, however cute they are, and they dry out really quickly.

Anyway, in answer to your question, I charge $1 each for them, and for that they get a BC swirl and either sprinkles or a basic fondant cutout (flower, heart, star). HTH.

cylstrial Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 6

The thing is - people are going to want to eat at least 5 mini's. So if she is ordering mini's, she's going to have to order a lot more. I think we decided in the cupcake forum that if you are serving standard cupcakes at a wedding, you should order 2 per person.

Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 6

Here in Calgary the standard cupcakes at Craves and most other places is $2.95 each.I charge $2.50 for a basic swirled cupcake.Minis are cute but won't go very far in feeding guests as someone pointed would need 5 per person...

Quote by @%username% on %date%