Owner's Of The Cake Book ...

Decorating By blissful Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 5:41am by vteventrider

blissful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissful Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 9

what are your favourite recipes in this book? So many look good, I don't know where to start. Please reply with your favourites.
Thank you,
Laurie

8 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 18 Jan 2007 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 9

I made the white chocolate eggnog cake for Christmas and the Brooklyn Black Out cake for New Years and they were both awesome! The spice chiffon in the eggnog cake was outstanding...very moist with a nice crumb. There are so many recipes to choose from that I had a hard time narrowing it down, too. I'm in my "not-too-busy" time of year so I plan on working through alot of the recipes before spring when my business gets crazy again.

SugarCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCreations Posted 18 Jan 2007 , 1:56pm
post #4 of 9

Rose also has a website you might find some things there that would help you.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:38am
post #5 of 9

The Cake Book is by Tish Boyle.... Rose Berenbaum's is The Cake Bible...

MOBOGAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOBOGAL Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 3:01am
post #6 of 9

The "devilishly moist" chocolate cake in this book is my stand by! It is SOOO good...moist, chocolatey, easy to make, and has paired beautifully with every filling I've made. I've also made the creamy peanut butter icing, and that too was out of this world. The white cake is also my favorite scratch white cake I've made so far...nice crumb, delicious. It's a great book! Hope that helps!

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 3:14am
post #7 of 9

Mobo...would that be the white cake in the Tres Leches Cake or the Basic White Layer? I made Sylvia Weinstock's Lady Baltimore White but found it a little dry and dense as a lot of White cakes. A friend made Cake Bible's White Chocolate Whisper Cake and found it dry.... I was ready to give up on white cake.... Thanks.

PennieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennieK Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 3:19am
post #8 of 9

I love the Creamy Coconut Cake it is my absolute favorite cake. I also really like the Orange Grove cake- the filling is to die for!

vteventrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vteventrider Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:41am
post #9 of 9

I love the 24 karat gold carrot cake ( I think that is what it is called, but it is the one with ginger and such) with white chocolate cream cheese frosting anf the lemon lust is a must try! I use it with just the syrup, lemon curd filling and then I have used a bunch of frostings. I have tried most in the book and all are good but those are my faves.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%