Airbrush Troubles... Can You Help?

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 3:51pm by SJ169

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 4

My airbrush is misbehaving. The little cup the liquid goes in is being back fed. Instead of pulling the color, it is blowing bubbles in the cup. Any ideas? I'm lost.

3 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 4

I'm a newbie with airbrushing, too, but if you're getting bubbles in the cup, then most likely your needle is clogged. The air can't follow its normal path and is escaping into the cup. Bronwen would put her finger over the end of her gun and intentionally make it bubble up to mix colors more quickly in a class I took from her.....

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 4

yep, definitely a clog of some sort or your needle could potentially be bent. Undue the little chucking nut (I think that's what it's called)..from the front of your gun so you can get a good look at the needle. Chances are if you unscrew the back and carefully pull the needle out you'll probably see some dried paint around it......you can use some alcohol or airbrush cleaner on a sponge or cloth and gently clean the needle and twist it in the cloth to remove any excess dried paint, then put it back in. Sometimes the needle can just be loose and need to be pushed in all the way and retightened too.

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 4

hmm i would take it all apart and clean it very carefully! i had the same thing happen to me when i first got my airbrush and the nozzle was missing from it.

hope you can figure it out! good luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%