Where Do I Get The "wire" That Holds Fondant Cutou

Decorating By marion123 Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 2:54pm by StaceyCakes75

marion123 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 5

Morning Everyone..

Where do I get the wire that I see in the awesome photo's that are on top of the stacked round cakes and they have a fondant star or heart that is on it?

Thanks so much

4 replies
pianocat Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 5

Any floral supply-Michaels or JoAnns has it.

Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 5

I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart has it also. Alot of their items are cheaper than Michaels. Not all, but some. I get my fanci-foil there. It is cheaper that Micheals or Hobby Lobby. We dont have JoAnns in my city, but I do hope we get one soon.

marion123 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 5

thank you so much!!!

StaceyCakes75 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:54pm
post #5 of 5

I have found that the wire at michaels is not thick enough for some heavier accents. I got some wire at Home Depot that was 18 gage. I make sure I always place the wire in a straw or something so it never touches the cake. I wouldn't let anything from HD to touch my cake definitely not food safe!

Quote by @%username% on %date%