Gumpaste Flowers

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 26 Sep 2009 , 4:17am by Jeff_Arnett

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 5:39am
post #1 of 6

I really have two questions.
How do you keep flowers attached to side of cake? Are they not too heavy for wires inside stir straws, or will this work.

Can you mix fondant with gumpaste to make flowers? Will it take longer to dry if you can? Thanks

5 replies
madgeowens Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 6:55am
post #2 of 6

I found out you can add tylose powder tp fondant to create gumpaste.....so I will do that thanks...never mind

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 6:57am
post #3 of 6

If you put the straws in at an angle, not straight into the side, it will hold the flowers.

sugarnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarnut Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 6

You can add Tylose powder to RI to get GP. You can also add gum tex to fondant to make GP. If you mix fondant and GP you get a 50% mix that is good for beginning flowers, because it doesn't dry as fast as GP and gives you more time to work with it.

madgeowens Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 3:59am
post #5 of 6

I think I have already made all blunders possibme, or I hope there are no more hehe...forgot to put wires into flowers, they are hard now I can't.....tried to insert rose and it broke, broke leaf off daisy icon_sad.gif.....I sure hope i have enough unbroken to decorate my birthday cake.....man it is a lot of work

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:17am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

I found out you can add tylose powder tp fondant to create gumpaste.....so I will do that thanks...never mind

Satin Ice recommends 1 teaspoon Tylose [CMC] per 1/4 to 1/2 pound of their fondant to convert it to gum paste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%