Transporting Cookies...

Baking By DetailsByDawn Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 10:35pm by DetailsByDawn

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 6

Hi All,
I am doing my first cookie order - 200 3" cookies wrapped in cello and tied with a ribbon - no backing/board underneath.
I need to transport these to the venue and I'm wondering how you all do this without breaking them. What can I put them in/on? I also need to transport a 4 tier cake in 4 separate boxes on the same day, so I only have so much room in my truck. I was thinking of ordering boxes, similar to the size of a large pizza box, and laying them out in a single layer, then stacking the boxes in the car. Is this a good idea? How do you all do it?

Thanks for your help!

Dawn

5 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 6

I've always put them into a box, or the 40-cup rubbermaid container that I store or dry cookies in, or (of all things) a laundry basket, that is after they are bagged and tied. Just put them sitting up straight with bag ties at top (make sense?) and never had a problem.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 6

Unless they are especially thin or fragile I cant imagine needing to lay them flat. I always just line them up in the box standing as shiney said. I've never had breakage.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 12:47am
post #4 of 6

I've transported mine standing as well in a fitted box. They all rest on each other, no breakage. Unless you make super thin cookies, i think the method i describe would work just fine.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 6

I cut the tops off of bakery boxes (unless I have a huge order and need to use the extra-sturdy sheet cake boxes that are corrugated), line them with a few sheets of colored tissue paper, and stand the cookies up.

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 10:35pm
post #6 of 6

Wow, thank you so much for your help everyone!!! LOL, it never, ever occured to me to stand them up! They're not especially fragile, so I think that would work just fine! I have my test batch, so I'll try it with them to make sure before the big day!! Thanks again!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%