Cake Competition...should I???

Decorating By RobzC8kz Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 2:07am by GeminiRJ

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 9

I found the "2010: A Cake Odessey" Cake Competition in Austin, Tx online the other day. I've always wanted to try to enter a cake competition!! But like many people, I doubt I have what it takes!! I mean, who am I to think I could enter a cake competition and actually stand a chance of winning?!?!

I've seen way too many "professional" cake decorators get destroyed on the Cake Challenges, Cake Wars, etc. etc. And if they're getting it handed to them, what chance do I stand?!!

Could you folks be so kind as to take a look at my pictures and give me an HONEST opinion of weather I should even bother???

Any advice would be appreciated! I don't want to make a fool out of myself...

8 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 9

Do it.....your cakes rock. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 9

You should definitely enter the cake competition! So what if you don't win? At least you get the experience from it and a critique from the judges.

And guess what, you'll probably win something in the division that you enter! Your cakes look GREAT!

megmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megmarie Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 9

I agree! I loved the pillow cake with flowers and that fish was so cute! Even if you don't win you get the first one out of the way (nerve wise) and have critique to help make the next one easier!

megmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megmarie Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 9

...and you should trust me....we have the same birthday icon_smile.gif

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks ya'll! I think I'm gonna go for it!! You're right...even if I don't win, I'll get the nerves outta the way, get some feedback from the judges, and I'll learn how to prepare for the next one!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 9

Go ahead and join! You have the talent and skills.

kseevers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kseevers Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 9:30pm
post #8 of 9

Go for it! I love your cakes! I think it would be so much fun.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:07am
post #9 of 9

Cake competitions are a lot of fun, even if you don't win anything. There will be a whole variety of talent levels, so it's not like you're competing against a Collette Peters. You'll be competing against other cake decorators at your own experience level. Go for it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%