How Long Can I Freeze Frozen Buttercream Transfer?

Decorating By jennycjenkins Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 2:35pm by dpaulson512

jennycjenkins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennycjenkins Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 5

I keep seeing that FBCT's should be frozen for an hour or so... but can I freeze it longer? Like overnight? Would that do anything funky to it? I have 2 cakes due at the same time on Sunday, so it would help if I could do the FBCT the day before... Thanks!

4 replies
TeriO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TeriO Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 5

I have left mine in the freezer over night before and it came out just fine. actually it came out better.

Spills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spills Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 5

I've done the same. The more frozen it is, the better it is to work with. Just wish I planned my cakes enough ahead of time to wait more than an hour thumbs_up.gif

jennycjenkins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennycjenkins Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 5

Fantastic - thanks for your quick replies!

(As for the planning ahead, I like that part just as much, so I start planning for a cake as soon as someone asks me for one! Of course, cake decorating isn't my "actual" job (I wish!), but it's much more fun than engineering... so I really look forward to doing the cakes that I do.)

dpaulson512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dpaulson512 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 5

I want to do some FBCTs for a skateboard pipe cake that I am making for a friend. I was thinking I could make the various skateboard logos and place them on the sides of the cake using FBCT...is it a good idea to place these vertically...or will in time they fall?

Thanks for any help.

Dawn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%